Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

... testdrive in new diorama-wip ....

testdrive-in-new-diorama-wip.jpg

6694486361b6ac5ea64bdd9e5c8f5f616d508a4dbf5eae7d6bc441bea57364d40723dd7f.jpg

Here's a freelance route I'm calling Mountain Type Run. I finally found the Mountain Type engine and downloaded it, simply for nostalgia sake. It'll be a pretty nice route, with some bridges, stations and mountain pathways.

WeddinNSW 4.1 for TRS2019 SP1, includes track from Bendick Murrell to Young. Route now spans Young-Cowra-Grenfell-Eugowra NSW. 200 kms end to end. Currently in last stages of testing, and will be on the DLS soon.

Cover-page.jpg

Plenty-of-flange-squeal-as-a-loaded-wheat-consist-from-Grenfell-negotiates-the-tight-curves-and--approaches-the-junction-at-Koorawatha.jpg

Later-afternoon%2C-Koorawath-NSW.jpg

Thankyou-Holden.jpg

5109-steams-up-the-2%25-grade-towards-Monteagle.jpg

WeddinNSW---Young-Extension.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

They%27re-always-in-such-a-hurry..jpg

Halloween.jpg

Monteagle-NSW.jpg

Last edited:
Well, well, well, look at what has just pulled into CUT.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

If all goes well she will be on the DLS soon. Oh course I need to do a freeware observation car for this beautiful train too.

Dave

The L&A is known as a railroad that's never meet a steam locomotive it didn't like and is not ashamed of buying anything available, pull it into the paint shop, and put the L&A livery on it. They're also known for having a "mad scientist" engineering staff looking to try just about anything.

For example below we have a collaboration with Besler Engineering to make a high speed steam powered commuter train.

L%26A-Route.jpg

Next they came up with a steam turbine and used a failed Baldwin Centipede due to consumption of expensive diesel fuel. Turned out once gutted of its prime mover there was enough room for a super high pressure boiler and coal bunker and all those traction motors were easily powered by the steam turbine.

L%26A-Route.jpg

Next we have the L&A Triplex. It turned out the engineer Javier was reading about the Erie triplex and its problems. Shortly after the L&A had one of their big Y's involved in an accident. Looking at the specs of the locomotive he realized the Y could be a perfect candidate and submitted his report. A week later he found himself the head engineer on the build. To improve performance and traction he used one of the L&A's auxiliary water tenders then added what he called a "positive pressure feedwater system". Simply his system will keep the Triplex's tender full of water to help keep as much weight possible of the tender drivers. When this beast rolled out of the backshops wearing the number 8881 the crew deemed it the Crazy 8's. Where else will you find a 2-8-8-2-8-6, but on the L&A.

The L&A engineers have a bobber style caboose they use in their research, development, and testing of the companies equipment. The caboose is crammed with all kind of scientific measuring equipment and not the most comfortable to ride in. The senior engineers decided they needed something nicer to work in so they built a self powered rail car. The car is equipped with A/C and an internal combustion engine burning liquid hydrogen due to the fact hydrogen is cheap and plentiful due to the number of blimps and dirigibles using it. The little engine is strong enough to pull the research bobber caboose around as they test the company equipment. When asked what they will call their newest invention they said it is the Engineering Evaluation Equipment Car. Of course once the plans got to the backshops one of jokers crossed out the C and replaced it with a K as it headed to the paint shop. Below is one of the company engineers along with the L&A newest piece of equipment is now known as EEEK!

L%26A-Route.jpg

Dave :hehe:

G'day All,

First up, I want to be clear that I don't claim any of this to be my own "route" as such. It is just some additions I have made to the incredible work already created and shared by others. I was asked about some of my stuff elsewhere and I just thought this might be the most appropriate place to put it.

In this case, this is an area I modified on Approach Medium's great Pennsylvania & Berwind route, available from JR. Basically it's a new station, loco service area and car workshops.

I get my inspiration from the masters such as Smyers, Philskene, Felix_G, Approach Medium, Scratchy, Horacefithers and the many other incredibly talented route crafters out there and with great thanks to all the talented content creators who make their stuff available for the rest of us to enjoy.

Cheers,
Piere.

Amazing work, Piere. You make me want to hurry and update the L&A to TRS19 standards.

Dave

Thank you very much Dave.

I should probably clarify that all the work in these shots was done in TANE but the shots were "taken" in TRS2019 as I have migrated the route over now.

Cheers,
Piere.

Fantastic work Piere! Those screenshots are amazing.

I also get so much enjoyment modifying other peoples masterpieces. It's not that I don't like what they have done because I love what they have done! but I just enjoy tinkering about seeing what I can do and what I can learn. Like you I am inspired by all of these great creators in our hobby.

Take care,

Craig

Piere,
A masterful job of editing. I almost didn't recognize the route - your additions and changes give it a whole new flavor.

Very nicely done! :cool:

Heinrich505

Back