Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

More seasonal things
KvgRGxh.jpg

ldwnsTF.jpg

5vqepIA.jpg

Now if only the gas prices were that cheap...

Cheers

Now if only the gas prices were that cheap...

Cheers

Once, again.....NICE screen shots ! It would be cheaper for me to drive across a few states to where you are to put gasoline in my vehicle as opposed to filling up locally. These times we are in are insane.

Question........How is the night lighting in Trainz 22 or 19 compared to T:ANE ? Are there any advances, such as a full moon lighting through tree branches , reflecting on water and such ?

Thank you JimDep! :D
Yeah... its crazy on how gas prices are going and not for the better at this rate... With how prices have been going its like a depression is about to start just like what happened in 1930s.. :eek:

Answer... Night time is basically the same as TRS19 and in TANE. No moon light or anything. Any moons you see in a route are scenery items just thrown up into the sky (which isn't realistic in Trainz).
So far with the environment lighting, Run8 wins as it has the moon and better night light and such among other things that Trainz is lacking.

Cheers

Nice screenshots. Looks like in that last one the driver of that red car got stuck at the intersection:hehe:.

The skyline around the railyard is starting to come together:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My new massive project that is underway which includes a 41 track hump yard that goes east to west (finished, but still trying to automate it), a 14 track receiving yard (finished), engine shops (not started), car shop (not started), a flat switching yard going west to east (not started), a double track mainline, and industries surrounding the yard, but I have some questions about automation of the hump yard. So I have been watching countless Youtube videos about how to automate a hump yard and a lot of them leave out a lot of detail about how to let the controller on the hump switch to other tracks automatically, but whenever I try it with my yard it only goes to the 1st track on the far left. So what am I doing wrong with my yard? Is it not enough retarders? am I doing something wrong in the hump controller menu?. I already put in the hump control menu that the yard is 42 tracks but I don't know what anything else does.This was made without any transdem, basemaps, or any other terrain generating software.

Sneak peek:

End of the receiving yard and going up the hump

Start of the bowl tracks (tower is for aesthetics)

Last edited:
Very attractive shots there Phil !

I've assembled a Tank Train using a War Department WD 2-8-0 (commonly known as a DubDee) hauling NSWGR Well Wagons carrying Churchill tanks and it's a lovely train due to the highly detailed tanks and the steam plume from the DubDee. Here it is passing RAF Driffield with a fighter taking off as a bonus.

Tank Train at Driffield 2 19.6.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Hi patisthebest

Have a look at this thread : https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?164597-CDE-Hump-Yard-Sorting-Assets-and-Tutorial

This gives you information on a hump sorting method which has been devised by trev999 and completed by Christopher824 when Trevor became ill. All the rules and driver commands needed are on the DLS.

It works really well and I have used it with two or three routes from the DLS that have humpyards in them and have been able to get it working without issue on all of them. One of the routes has a yard that has about 40 tracks and it works fine with that but it isn't as easy to run the route as the huge amount of rolling stock and trackwork can bring my graphics card to its knees. My solution to this was just to use half of the tracks in the yard (every other one) for sorting and it still gives the impression of a huge yard.

I would suggest creating a small test yard with perhaps 8 tracks which will be quick to set up and, more importantly, quick to run the test through for the many times that you will need to go through it as you learn how to set it up.

I wish you the best of luck with this project and if you need any help either post back here or PM me.

Regards

Brian

Nice shots FootplatePhil! I am downloading now. That shot with the combine and the truck in the field reminds me of wheat harvest in my younger days. My brother and I, barely big enough to see over the dashboard and manage the pedals, taking the grain trucks to the elevator in town.
Lewisner, nice WWII era shot!

Nice screenshots everyone! :)

Nice screenshots. Looks like in that last one the driver of that red car got stuck at the intersection:hehe:.

Yeah! Driver was probably worried that he wasnt going to be able to fit between the other cars that are there and the tracks.

Cheers

Back