Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

Here are some progress photos on the SP & T&P line between Sierra Blanca, Texas and El Paso, TX. I have decided to add another DEM on to the one containing Torcer Curve. The photos below highlight a T&P Freight heading Westward from Finlay, TX (a ghost town), towards Madden, Texas( a timetable siding). The DEM as shown here continues to McNary where it ends. The first photo shows another curve which was bypassed during a realignment in 60s. You can see the old alignment by going to historicaerials and looking up "Finlay Texas".
GraeSe6.jpg
KTgzJW7.jpg
cdIfm4l.jpg
qeknZFC.jpg
kRyyCj5.jpg
M1nSFcX.jpg

Utah Belt, Brooman, UT yard.

2021-08-09-085830.jpg

Brooman, UT interchange with the SP/DRGW. Track curving to the left is the DRGW, the one heading directly west is the SP.

2021-08-09-085836.jpg

Oh how I love that track work. Well done ,sir.

Dave

Sure was a challenge trying to get those tracks in. This interchange is 3 railroads. The far track off to the top and right is the D&RGW and they have trackage rights over the UB thanks to a merger. The track cutting across the foreground is the SP and they interchange here at Brooman. The tiny yard there is very nonproportional to the scale and size of the coal trains and manifests coming through here nowadays so the UB only runs locals through here, hence the little SW1500 there. Now, the crossover is the wackiest of all. You have tracks coming off the SP and onto the UB/DRGW and tracks curving onto the SP from the D&RGW.

I plan to have sessions here and imagine the confusion and chaos that would ensue! The yard would probably have frequent meltdowns and trains would often be backed up, so the UB has plans to upgrade it. For now, its fine for the purpose it serves :)

Back