My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Thai1On,
Really nice tour. Things are looking very nice on the Kentucky side too. Ewing, KY needs to do something about that haunted house falling down right behind the station. Where are the Ewing Beautification Society people when ya need them. :D

Very nice shots. Really looking forward to this route.

Heinrich505

EPA,
Those shots are very good. I like how you composed them. We don't see too many shots of CNW equipment - the closeup at the crossing is especially nice.

Heinrich505

Not too many stations left.

Waltersville KY.

L%26A-Stations.jpg

L%26A-Stations.jpg

Clay City KY.

L%26A-Stations.jpg

L%26A-Stations.jpg

Hello Mrs. Thai 1 On ;)

L%26A-Route.jpg

Stanton KY.

L%26A-Stations.jpg

L%26A-Stations.jpg

Nada KY.

L%26A-Stations.jpg

L%26A-Stations.jpg

Should be finishing up by the next post.

Dave

I thought I saw you go past me Thai1On! Must have been when going through the woods out of Nada!

EPA - I had to look at that 5th screenshot at the intersection to make sure that wasn't a photo!

Soda Oczysczcona - For a first effort that is looking extremely good! I like the way everything is laid out, very realistic!

may i ask how many base boards is the route? @ Thai1On
I wish I knew, but if you know a way to find out please let me know. I can tell you that the route runs about 200 miles from the north to south. Forester has been kind enough to take it for a test drive to help find problems. The station tour has been a way for me to also find any problem that would cause someone trouble after I share the route. I will wait till SP4 comes out see if anything is broken. After everything is fixed I'll send it up to the DLS. With the amount of scenery I put into this route it will give your computer a workout. I custom built my system with the L&A in mind.

Dave

Last edited:
How about showing your map of the route . Looks really nicely done and detailed . But a map view would be nice to see . Did you do the terrain by hand ?

Matt

I am in the middle of a database rebuild, but will try posting the map soon. I will say it is a very large layout with a lot of detail, and the fan on my GTX1080 GPU kicks into high gear quite frequently, even if I have it paused. But I am not sure my Optane cache is as good as having an SSD drive, however that might make any difference....

I wish I knew, but if you know a way to find out please let me know. I can tell you that the route runs about 200 miles from the north to south. Forester has been kind enough to take it for a test drive to help find problems. The station tour has been a way for me to also find any problem that would cause someone trouble after I share the route. I will wait till SP4 comes out see if anything is broken. After everything is fixed I'll send it up to the DLS. With the amount of scenery I put into this route it will give your computer a workout. I custom built my system with the L&A in mind.

Dave

ive always looked at the maps to count the boards but 200 miles is perfect. ive always liked big routes

i think my system can handle it :)

ryzen 7 1800x
ddr4 32gb at 2400 ghz
gigabyte gtx 1080

thats fine with one monitior but im running 3 sceptre 40 inch displays @ 5760x1080

Here we go.

L%26A-Route.jpg

Trainmaster your system will be perfect. Good to see another Ryzen machine running Trainz and this is my rig.

Windows 10 home
Ryzen 7 1700 3.00 GHz
Kraken all in one CPU cooler
Asus ROG Strix B350 motherboard
Asus ROG GeForce 1080Ti
16 GB RAM
250 GB Samsung M.2 SSD
500 GB Samsung SSD

When running the L&A my rig turns into a desktop heater and the fans on both the radiator and GPU are blowing hot :eek:. Good thing is both never go over mid 60's C.

Thank you everyone for the comments. The terrain is a product of TransDEM and the USGS historical maps. 90% of the mainline in Kentucky are old to very old railroad grades and some of them predate the civil war. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd version of the L&A and the present one you see was started in 2012. TS12 could barely handle the Kentucky side of the route but once merged at the Ohio river the program would crash. As you can imagine how pleased I was with TANE when I saw the route as one.

Next stop Bettyville. Stationmaster said Forester was here not long ago :hehe: .

L%26A-Stations.jpg

L%26A-Stations.jpg

I hate to say it, but end of the line. Welcome to Levi!

L%26A-Stations.jpg

L%26A-Stations.jpg

And that is the passenger stations of the L&A. If you looks to the right you will see the famous Alice's Restaurant that shows up on this forum every Thanksgiving.

Thank you for riding on the L&A.

Dave

Still waiting for SP4 to release, but in the mean time I thought of rebuilding the industrial/commercial district before releasing the L&A route. Does this work or too busy? In the background is downtown Winchester with its nice buildings as the industrial/commercial area is a bit grittier ;).

L%26A-Route.jpg

In the last screenshot I'm trying to give you an idea of the track map.

Dave

I think it looks great! Sorry I haven't tested more track, I thought when I got back from vacation I would have more time, but instead got busier. I am still going to try to cover the route at train level, hopefully more soon...

Back