Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

My 1950's-era steam-powered freight trains are made up like in the first shot featuring the NYC-esque 2-8-2 with the smokebox-mounted overhanging feedwater heater - all from Lilb (Jointed Rail,) Trainz Forge, and K&L Trainz (PRR hoppers.)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Now deep in Appalachia we find the Railfan back at the L&A heavy maintenance back shops. Seems the brass wanted some promo shots and the Railfan got word from inside sources and sneaked a shots of his own. Seems that having a bottle of corn squeeze'ns can get you access to anywhere here in Levi.

This picture was taken atop the Levi Coaling tower.

QFEiNl0.jpg

Roundhouse 1 is know to stable some of the L&A's biggest articulated iron.
dacaCCk.jpg

X8uWsmX.jpg

One of the L&A exotic triplex locomotives. After they had problems on the Erie (one had a boiler explosion) the L&A bought them reconfigured fireboxes and superheated the boilers and so far they are working well. Although not attached yet the L&A also runs these locomotives with auxiliary water tenders with steam powered positive feedwater pumps to keep the triplex tenders full as long as possible to maintain maximum tractive effort over the tender drivers and prevent slipping.

jSOZWv1.jpg

Some refer to roundhouse 2 as the Thoroughbred barn as some of the L&A's finest hi speed locomotives can be found from time to time. To the left is the L&A real exotic coal turbine. Thanks to Roberts Turbine and their Turbo Encabulator (look it up for a laugh) and the L&A "mad scientists" engineers it too shows promise. She is still a real fuel burner, but wow can she move!

7DW63Hc.jpg

cVs8B1E.jpg

qyUEYAF.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Improvements Galore - Not even close to done in this area yet. It will awe when done.

2018-03-20_230150.jpg

How did you do the cracks in the concrete along the rails? That looks great.

Also, will it be possible to download and / or incorporate your changes to the Tidewater route when done, for those of us who also have the route?

Looking forward to seeing your changes.

Cheers,
Piere.

WAtttyn.jpg

A Belt Line mikado passes the T&E's 3rd Street yard in downtown Cincinnati with a transfer run bound for the L&A interchange in Norwood.

Last edited:
Loaded Coal train train T766 Traverses the former C&O Jahnke River Line (Fictional) from Scottsville, Va to Fredericksburg, Va, Seen here at CP Cunningham just a couple mile north east of Kidds Store.

OH6rVvh.jpg

Thanks to Jackson I've started working back across the river in Covington KY.

This local #154 leaving the Covington station for points south.

iVqOyoq.jpg

owd0Fk0.jpg

PE6M5tq.jpg

yYPafkQ.jpg

t7hMDmg.jpg

Dave

Not much to look at right now, but...

Newly acquired from a lot of sold off units from NS, Illinois & Midland 2108 teams up with RLK 3874 on the 0800 Shops Roadswitcher to switch Harsco Minerals at Kincaid Generation, also known simply as Kincaid, Ellis, or Sicily... The train trundles towards the roofing granule loader after setting out a car of coal slag at the conveyor.

In this fantasy version of the IMRR, the Pillsbury mill in Springfield is still active after asbestos abatement. Christian County Landfill, Prairieland FS, Jack Kennedy Metals, and Weaver Popcorn are taking cars as well, giving purpose to the railroad's Taylorville District.

075c6a3536ae091a450e796e4e69b370.png

Updates strikes again . Didn't loses the route , But needs major repairs again . And while doing some , changes and repairs . lost a section of the fiddle yard west . So delete and extent time LOL .there goes another timeline shot ..........

Planning a new Steel mill, Stations , coal, and lumber.

Matt

Not much to look at right now, but...

Newly acquired from a lot of sold off units from NS, Illinois & Midland 2108 teams up with RLK 3874 on the 0800 Shops Roadswitcher to switch Harsco Minerals at Kincaid Generation, also known simply as Kincaid, Ellis, or Sicily... The train trundles towards the roofing granule loader after setting out a car of coal slag at the conveyor.

In this fantasy version of the IMRR, the Pillsbury mill in Springfield is still active after asbestos abatement. Christian County Landfill, Prairieland FS, Jack Kennedy Metals, and Weaver Popcorn are taking cars as well, giving purpose to the railroad's Taylorville District.

Nice shot, that conveyor looks great, did you make that yourself?

Back