Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

Forester1 - yes it is prototypical although I am just staring at google earth on one monitor and creating the route on another so not 100% accurate. And im pretty sure i made the hills twice the size they are in real life lol so got some fixin to do. It is Medicine Hat Alberta. I grew up in the area watching CP when it was busy in the hat. Rich in railroad history. not much action there now. all spur tracks closed except one. So that led me to have a go at creating it from scratch. plan was just to do med hats yard and the spurs in town now im 20 km east on the maple creek subdivision, 5 km south on taber subdivision, and 30 km west brooks sub. hate when that happens! lol

Escd84 - looks good! thanks for the offer but i am quite enjoying creating this route on my own turning out better than i expected, and have gotten quite a ways without losing all motivation for once

Id have more done but i cant stop operating trains lol Need to get at some scenery action

CP 669 Potash loads taking the wye south on the Taber Sub under the trans canada
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

CP 499 leaving Medicine Hat West on the Brooks Sub. Coal didn't run through the hat that i remember, But it does in my world. In the distance you can so the Ogilives Mill on one of the local spur tracks

Westbound Up the 1.7%. Pretty sure thats the gradient of the hill here.

Bridge is not correct but will do for now

CP 303 Heading Towards Medicine Hat in the distance, Potash loads heading south

The Yard And Elevator In Dunmore Ab just east on Medicine hat.

Fond Du Lac Branch Sunday Excursion

There are 1st-class golf courses in Mayville and Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. Here we're on the run home to Milwaukee after a benefit golf series between the Braves and the Bucks for the Milwaukee Children's Hospital. Picture taken a couple of miles south (railway East) of Knowles.
Sunday-Excursion%3A-East-From-Knowles.jpg

Ole Blue is getting ready after 15 months of Dry Time,, (staying home) to go Camping this week........So excited, and you know, I just had to come in here to Snoop around......:hehe:

Never, Never disappointed, love the Picture Folks......Crystal Clear, great shadows.......:p

Now it's time to get my hips to bed, tomorrow is packing up the Camping Gear time, if I can remember where I hid it all........:confused:

Take care, be healthy and thanks for sharing the Photos........:D

Horseshoe Curve in Texas during 1930s-1950s, east of El Paso. Both the Texas and Pacific and the Southern Pacific used this section of track with Southern Pacific owning it before it ultimately got bypassed during the 60s. Reference photo is at the bottom. I also plan on finishing the rest of the bypassed track which included many twists and curves before joining current alignment.
2E7ae6P.jpg
f7pLJYf.jpg
ojrHivK.jpg
OkgUHGc.jpg
pVyNlBj.jpg

Some more on the unnamed, Marias Pass-inspired mountain route. This time we focus on the little tourist trap town of Outpost.

Matt

Last edited:
Back