How long to actually patch

domsarto

better build
Installing for :

7hr:56mins:4secs

how long more will this take to complete

ps: would I be better off to go fishing for the day.

I've seen one post that said 12 hours! all depends on disk speed, processor capability and so on. Keep an eye on Disk activity in performance monitor, you can see if it's actually doing anything then. When its finished, if in CM you can't list dependencies, as in the option is disabled you need to run an EDR, probably an idea to run one anyway.

Hmm, how big was your trainz installation before applying SP1?

Since I just backupped it all I know mine, pre SP1, is allmost 29Gb at the moment.

I'll ask just to get an indication when to set the alarm clock after the night I'll bite the bullit. :hehe:

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

The patch installation itself doesn't process the userdata folder so I don't think it will be significantly affected by the size of your install. If you run an Extended Database Repair after the install, that may certainly be affected by how much content you have.

chris

Well, that alarm clock was with a little pun intended of course.
I'll just go with the flow and see what happens. ;)

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

Looks like your virus checker may be bothering you. My patch was over 5 hours long. Last part turned my virus checker off and the last JA file conversion finished in 8 minutes instead of 30 to 40 minutes.

Firewall turned off (standard proceedure when uploading any programme or update) and the patch is still running, I hours time I will cancel and forget about updating.

I removed the original install, all downloads and 3rd party content. Rebooted, installed only plain TS12. Rebooted, disabled antivirus, then applied patch. Rebooted, then performed quick database repair. Rebooted, and executed extended database repair. Rebooted, tried it out, working good. Total time for all this was about 40 minutes. Then, slowly, started bring in old CDPs. Did these one at a time, in groups on some, checking each as I go along.

I removed the original install, all downloads and 3rd party content. Rebooted, installed only plain TS12. Rebooted, disabled antivirus, then applied patch. Rebooted, then performed quick database repair. Rebooted, and executed extended database repair. Rebooted, tried it out, working good. Total time for all this was about 40 minutes. Then, slowly, started bring in old CDPs. Did these one at a time, in groups on some, checking each as I go along.
Fresh Install For Me - Getting rid of old stuff from years past with SP1. 3 hours and stuck halfway but still going from the looks of it. E8400, Sata 3GB Hardrive, 6GB DDR2 Ram.

On my laptop (not yet touched the version on main PC).
@ 20 mins to download patch.
2hs 15 mins to install (with virus checker running), only manual intervention was to allow TADDevil access thru firewall.
2hrs 30 mins EDR (not sure how big my user data folder is but quite large).
@1hr to acquire and install S&C2009 + Murchison DLC.

Did a clean installation --

T12, then all of previous patches, one at a time ---

Then SP1 -- Took 3 and half hours! 530pm til now 850pm

T12 works fine at here!

Ishie

2hs 15 mins to install (with virus checker running), only manual intervention was to allow TADDevil access thru firewall.
@1hr to acquire and install S&C2009 + Murchison DLC.[/QUOTE
Mine took about 2 Hours also

@1hr to acquire and install S&C2009 + Murchison DLC.

Mine took about 1-2HRs too :hehe:

Back