My Head is Spinning

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
Forgive me..... but there are so many SP1 threads---- I don't know where to go first.:confused: Why did this happen? Why can't we just have THREE SP1 threads. The thread announcing it and listing the changes, the "bugs" thread, and the "Good" SP1 thread.

Forgive me, Moderators, but can we not clean the forum "SP1 threads" up a little? I don't know which ones are worth reading and I want to do the patch correctly.

Cheers,

Dave Snow

I agree all it is, is the same people whining about SP1 (I don't have it myself) and the forum is snowed under. It would look a lot cleaner, if all these threads were merged into one bug reporting thread.

I find it impossible to keep track of all the important bits.
I am going to sit back and wait until the dust settles.
Frank

Doesn't help when you have people who haven't even installed the patch and in a couple of cases haven't even got TS12, jumping on the bandwagon and informing everyone how bad it is. Personally I haven't found any problem with it worth making the amount of noise some are making.

Doesn't help when you have people who haven't even installed the patch and in a couple of cases haven't even got TS12, jumping on the bandwagon and informing everyone how bad it is. Personally I haven't found any problem with it worth making the amount of noise some are making.

I for one, have not installed the patch, and won't in it's current state, and I see no reason why I should not post my opinions on these threads. I have seen posts by people that have installed the patch, that either have or were told post patch to " Oh, just re-install TS12 and start over again", like it's nothing at all. Are you kidding me, I download a patch, and then have to delete and reinstall everything because the patch screwed it up? Then all the Payware routes, have to be redownloaded and installed again, like S and C, Marias Pass, Roy's Trainz, etc. Ad to that the warning from 3rd party creators about how their stuff might not work properly anymore, and that is enough for me. When this patch was posted, there should have been clear warnings that everyone could read while downloading, that these problems might occur once the patch is installed, so people would be warned in advance about what kind of possible nightmare they were creating for themselves.

.. I see no reason why I should not post my opinions on these threads.
... all the Payware routes, have to be redownloaded and installed again, like S and C, Marias Pass, Roy's Trainz, etc.

I think you've just given everyone a good reason why you shouldn't give these opinions before actually trying the software.

kind regards,

chris

There should be a thread for each bug otherwise threads turn into rambling spam-fests.

How can you find a problem in an 15 page thread?

Harold

Oh, so you and a couple of others who seem to have zero problems are the smart ones, and the people that are posting hundreds of problems are all crazy or stupid..

I'm not sure what you're on about, mate, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what you quoted.

chris

It's my experience that early adoption of anything related to these "Satanic Boxes" is not the best idea. As hard as it is sometimes; it's better to wait a while and let the front lines soak up the bullets first.

To those frightened of risking the patch and loosing and screwing up their copy of TS12 but really want to test the patch before committing themselves to it. Try this.

1. Make a new folder
2. Name it TS12 backup
3. Copy the contents of your TS12 folder to TS12 Backup
4. Patch existing TS12
5. Run an EDR before doing anything else.
6. Test the patch and make your own judgement.
Any problems add it to Shanes Bug thread, give actual factual information not things like SP1 broke my Trainz...... The more actual info is posted there, the more likely something will get done or an explanation or way round the problem given. Instead of moaning at N3V, help them to get whatever problems there may be sorted out.

To revert to your original install delete the TS12 folder and rename TS12 backup to TS12 - simple and no damage done, everything is as it was no need to mess around reinstalling and patching from scratch.

It's my experience that early adoption of anything related to these "Satanic Boxes" is not the best idea. As hard as it is sometimes; it's better to wait a while and let the front lines soak up the bullets first.

:hehe: Too true - I think you'll find me cowering in the third line trench here!

Paul

pythonrunaway.jpg

Spare me the BS, I have been working with computers for decades, and I don't need a lecture from you.
I won't dispute that you've been working with computers for some time, however your posts are extremely inaccurate.

For starters...

Then all the Payware routes, have to be redownloaded and installed again, like S and C, Marias Pass, Roy's Trainz, etc.

Only one of these that you have listed is part of our DLC system. Specifically the S&C pack. As neither the Marias Pass or Roy's Trainz routes are available through the new DLC system, they will not need to be re-downloaded. At this time, the only DLC's that you will need to re-download (if you own them...) will be the 'official' DLC packs (Those that use a '.exe' installer, and a serial number that appear in the 'configure trainz' options).

I have seen posts by people that have installed the patch, that either have or were told post patch to " Oh, just re-install TS12 and start over again", like it's nothing at all.
I only know of a small number of people who have experienced issues that actually require a re-install of Trainz. I think it maybe 5-10 people so far? Note, this is where we have recommended a re-install, or would have recommended a re-install. Out of the total number of people who have downloaded it (and so far, it's only been announced via these forums; so those who have downloaded will have had plenty of opportunity to download), this is a very small number.

Ad to that the warning from 3rd party creators about how their stuff might not work properly anymore, and that is enough for me.
Actually, I've found only a small amount of content in my TS12 that was faulty, at least of content that I actually use. Mind you, most of mine is DLS content, and fairly recent content as well. Those that are faulty should be fixed fairly quickly as part of the DLS clean-up...

Our point is that most of your comments are relatively uninformed assumptions based off comments on the forums, the majority of which we've actually resolved, or are working to resolve. Unless you have installed SP1, you really can't accurately comment on what SP1 actually does.

Regards

Back