Problem with Jointed Rail Cabs

richp928

the standard
I'm having problems with all of JR's cabs. The errors are: The Tag 'tooltip-token' is not permitted within a container of type 'default'. The tag 'tooltip-token' is not permitted within a container of type 'wheelslip_light'. The Tag 'tooltip-token' is not permitted within a container of type 'throttle_lever'. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are some kind of problems with these, too many for me to care to list. It is not ALL of their content. Just some, which I won't really miss, as they were freeware. My paid content seems to work, so far.

i don't think this is related to the content. all i can recommend is installing the items again. if that wont work then it is probably a problem with your trainz install.

Just so you know... those same cabs mentioned above did have errors, red !, but the locomotives themselves are fine. I did a little test, opened each and every loco I own and all cabs worked fine, look great. So, I went back to content manager, filtered for faulty items, and deleted every item listed. When I went back to listing my locos, nothing changed, no errors, all looked good. So, I opened my previous session, had a look around, tested the controls, all still good and work fine. Well, that seems kind of weird, removed all those things and no problems. Only problem now is the Southern Pacific GP40-2. It is like a ghost, can place it in a session, by itself, add separate other train consists, then drive up to couple to it, end up going through it. I will post screen shots to illustrate later. I could not drive that unit, or add a driver.

Just so you know... those same cabs mentioned above did have errors, red !, but the locomotives themselves are fine. I did a little test, opened each and every loco I own and all cabs worked fine, look great. So, I went back to content manager, filtered for faulty items, and deleted every item listed. When I went back to listing my locos, nothing changed, no errors, all looked good. So, I opened my previous session, had a look around, tested the controls, all still good and work fine. Well, that seems kind of weird, removed all those things and no problems. Only problem now is the Southern Pacific GP40-2. It is like a ghost, can place it in a session, by itself, add separate other train consists, then drive up to couple to it, end up going through it. I will post screen shots to illustrate later. I could not drive that unit, or add a driver.

That seems like something more session/route specific than an issue itself with the unit. Can you try it on another route or something possibly?

That seems like something more session/route specific than an issue itself with the unit. Can you try it on another route or something possibly?
I'll let you (Jointed Rail) know as soon as I finish with the first route installation. By the way, it is going pretty good, 1.5GB queued up, loading... more of those missing 'nails again. Not really too many, thank you Dave Snow for keeping your 'nails pretty.

Here we go:
Jointed Rail's SP GP40-2 on NV3's TS12 after SP1, using Dave Snow's route (no problems with that route and other consists) in driving mode. Cannot couple to it, it is "dead" and a ghost.

And yet, here is the same loco with some more problems:
Jointed Rail's SP GP40-2 on NV3's TS12 after SP1, using Dave Snow's route (no problems with that route and other consists) in editing mode. I call this "ghosting" mode, I can go right through it. This is after saving it with a single unit, first, trying to drive it, no luck, then going back to editing mode on that session. The loco cannot be moved or deleted. I can add more of the same unit, but those will become dead too. An interesting thing, when you add the unit, it starts "idling" noises, like in driver mode. I have never had ANY other loco do this. Weird stuff.

I got an email from Jointed Rail, expressed to me that there are newer files for download. I found my old invoice, got on the website, logged on, grabbed the file again (CDP), removed the installed unit, then opened new CDP in Content Manager. Waited for it to finish, and now... voila! It works! Wooooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee! Tried all the scenarios I had done earlier, no problems.

I got an email from Jointed Rail, expressed to me that there are newer files for download. I found my old invoice, got on the website, logged on, grabbed the file again (CDP), removed the installed unit, then opened new CDP in Content Manager. Waited for it to finish, and now... voila! It works! Wooooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeeeee! Tried all the scenarios I had done earlier, no problems.

Just to clarify for anyone else who may see this, they were not any "new" files here for this loco. It was the same files from Day 1, pdkoester just needed to delete the current one he had and reinstall and issues were fixed.

Back