The "Good" SP1 thread

Hi John,

Download Station repair requests shouldn't be getting sent out for obsolete content. The three obsolete ones we sent you were a mistake, caused by missing data in our server database, sorry about that. I've manually corrected these three assets so that they are now flagged as obsolete (and correctly linked to their newer versions). The assets will be removed from the 'faulty list' next time the update script runs (in a few hours), so feel free to ignore them.

Sorry again for any confusion,

Terry Palmer
Programmer
N3V Games

Ta

Cheerio John

If it's grown in size, this may be partly due to the fact that some content added by the SP1 patch includes uncompressed textures which are larger than they were previously.

Only way of knowing though is if you happen to know the size pre-patching.

Shane

One thing that i do like is the ability to see the active Multiplayer maps even if you do not have that session or map installed, but i still cannot unassign my driver like most people can, ahh well next patch maybe.

Disabled antivirus before downloading the patch. All up and running 3hrs 15min later.
I can now operate animated levers in cab mode.

A question though:
Will my internet usage go up?

Chris.

It's shoveling coal from the tender to the loco, so you don't have to hit the space bar for every shovel.
When changing the initial starting amount of coal in the config file, make sure you delete and then re-add the loco in surveyor - the game caches the initial levels among other things.

Hope this helps,
Curtis

Yes it did so thanks for that.

Purchased Trainz12 in January, still learning...but enjoying. Held off with SP1 for week or so. Yesterday, after reading some positive posts, went ahead and downloaded SP1 (only took 5 minutes). Set the SP1 to install.....did take quite a while.....8+ hours. But, it finally completed without any issues. Started up the game, Merchsion2 downloaded, Comet, downloaded......no problems (took about 20 minutes or so). 103 Content items needed to be updated....all completed without errors (took about 10 minutes). Started up Trainz12 game......it seems to run smoother......response and load time quicker. All in all, from my experience, the SP1 patch went without a hitch and I pleased. Bob

i don t thinksome. patch sp1 is good. with building 49922 my grafics work very nice. know with sp1 my grafics is really critical. and multiplayer sessions. not working good

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA Time of this report: 4/15/2013, 20:57:02
Machine name: GEOVANNY-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.130318-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: AY633AA-ABA p6313w
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/03/10 14:06:24 Ver: 5.16
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 5120MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 5120MB RAM
Page File: 1298MB used, 8938MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

SP1 57720 OGL version is safe to run

Tony Hilliam, respectfully allow to post here my understanding of good and less good news.
I understood you started this thread hoping people would be distracted and take your sunglasses kindly offered.
Be in mind that from what i read so far to rate good news from users new and older, route builders, content developers of all levels you will not find here to post unless by chance of luck they had a good day.
i would not take constructive posts highlighting major flaws in communication and delivery of a long long awaited update as an attack of trainz and the developers/beta testers.

I avoid going into more depth other than stating waiting for flowers like well done, mine is working without a hitch and others 100% dl and install worked are not exactly telling the real story.
I as developer of trainz would be much more interested in looking for serious route builders, content builders, serious trainz user posting findings,remarks, suggestions and even compliments. I would look for the flaws to learn from.]
Why so many different threads on SP1 simple those posted not wanted to be buried in the "real" SP1 thread and not heard.
I put mine separate for the same reason and supported the findings with pictures and notice amazingly one certain flaw still not confirmed by other serious trainzers where these flaws are not even SP1 related and old ones and very annoying "displacement of signals markers" etc.

So the GOOD news OGL 57720 SP1 is safe to download and run. (this not exclude the task of course updating xxxxx faulty kuids)
Dx not safe to use.

Roy

Service Pack 1 - SIMPLY AMAZING on CPR Mountain Sub 57720 - OGL

Hi Roy and fellow CPR users. I have installed the CPR onto a fresh install of "TS12 SP1". After playing around with the sliders I am happy to report that for the first time ever I am able to have all sliders maxed out. Yes, I can have 5000 meter draw without the computer locking up. I can have max textures, ultra trees, and max scenery detail. I went back to TS12 pre SP1 install to make sure and as expected it locked up when requesting 5000 meter draw distance. Currently the biggest impact to slight stutter is the scenery detail slider. Smooth as when on low but adds slight stutter when increased to normal and high. I have yet to try in an intensive area such as one of the big yards, but will report later as to how that goes. Also of note is the scroll in & out is greatly improved. Does not hang nearly as much as it used to when carelessly used. Sorry about the long paragraph but for some reason the editing functionality of my keyboard is non existent at the moment when typing on these forums. Will post back after driving around Revelstoke and see how much impact that has for me. All the best, Andrew.

Ouch

I hope this is the Good thread to get help on this, like good old time sailors we sail around Cape Good Hope. Yes I am a avid sailor.

owell.JPG

Roy

I hope this is the Good thread to get help on this, like good old time sailors we sail around Cape Good Hope. Yes I am a avid sailor.

owell.JPG

Roy

I feel for you Roy!

Why would it do this: Ready to install from local patch file.

Current version: 57720.

Checking for available disk space for patching.

Unpacking patch file...

Patching from 57720 to 57825...

Existing file is damaged and cannot be patched: D:\Program Files (x86)\N3V Games\Trainz Simulator 12\prebuilt\assets.tdx

Failed to apply the patch: 57720_to_57825

Patching aborted.

similarities and thoughts but still happy in my little world I create

Paul,
you know what is funny in this entire story soap almost, whatever i try to make things work, to help them grow, to give them a share of my lifetime professional achievements/experience they call not home to me. No not angry just amazed but honest its a almost perfect image/mirror of the world as it is.
Notice how many religions this world has and the big and lesser big how much "power" they have? One would say what the heck has this to do with trainz......
You need to be part of a group, belong to something to survive, has nothing to do with believe as we are just dropped on this planet by chance (omg) and have to sweat it out the best way we can the virtual and real world.

So what you post is your problem to update?
I did not change anything so WTH is this comin from.....
My second package internet blown away..... and me try frantically to keep pace with the aussies.

have a nice day and keep me posted if you see something worth while to move on.

I am most happy with 57720 driver as is yes big yards and city still same or little bit worse cut of and redraw but that could be optical illusion but for sure countryside and mountains ambience is stunning and finally what i would like to see.

Roy

Has anyone seen this before?
It looks similar to errors reported in one of the other SP1 threads. But there were so many that finding it again would take time.

However, it looks like your TS12 installation is corrupted because its trying to find a bit code in a library that doesn't have that bit of code or the profile doesn't match.

I'll send you an e-mail.

Trainlover16

See this thread http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?100796-trainz-12-sp1-wont-open and the answer by Zec to correct it. The bad news is that you will need to re-install TS12 but you should be able to recover your own and downloaded content if you follow Zec's instructions. From memory, I think the original TS12 will do an automatic patch on starting so make sure it does that before trying SP1 again.

Last edited:
Possible solution

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Deleted because Roy got the Hot Fix installed.​

Last edited:
Installing now. It's a painfully slow process, but it's up to ts12f.ja so there is progress. I'll leave it running overnight and repeat the process with the hotfix.

This is the "Good SP1" thread, right? So perhaps you ought to post your problems in a thread that is about problems?

Anyway, I did some comparisons on the built in Norfolk and Western Route pre and post SP1 and one thing I noticed was the sound of the slack being taken up in the couplers.
Prior to SP1 I could hear the clunk clunk clunk fading away down the consist as I applied power to the stationary train. Very immersive and realistic IMO.
Post SP1 I did hear the same thing but, every time I adjusted the throttle, the sounds came again as slack was introduced and taken up. Wow a huge difference and massively immersive.

Thanks n3v!

Back