TS12 SP1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

norfolksouthern37

what's a normal map?
There will undoubtedly be some issues with some assets after the SP1 is installed. This version will have some better error checking and somewhat less fault tolerance. Keep in mind this is all better for all of us, but things that were allowed to slip through the cracks in the past will no longer function without an update.

Please be patient and I will have anything that isn't working properly updated and fixed for everyone. I will keep you informed here.

Taking ages. It failed the frist time, but I restarted it, and it keeps chugging. Auran must have improved the patcher or something.

Here's what I have done to get SP1 working without problems: This may be drastic measures, but I have everything backed up off the computer to restore later. I am slowly adding my content back in, just in case, to see if anything new should to arise.
Complete uninstall of all TS12...
reboot...
install only TS12, no add-ons...
reboot...
installed SP1, then reboot...
Quick Database Repair, reboot...
finally Extended Database Repair...
then final reboot. And now, here's results.
Seems to be working. I thought I had problems with Mojave again.
Instead, it seems that it is just more restricted or locked down, as I don't remember there being a unlock feature required for the default built-in routes.
So, I selected edit route for Mojave, resaved as a new name (Mojave SP1 test)
Created a session, SP1 session test, and found that it carried over same properties as built in.
That's where I saw this unlock required to proceed with changes.
So, the original Jointed Rail issue seems to be alleviated. And just so every one is aware, there will be new WARNINGS, which can be safely ignored, that Content Manager 3.7 does extra checking to create these: Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing. (this was there before, the others that follow are new to me)
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_art/mesh_art_512.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_art/mesh_icon.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_shadow/black.texture'.
Warning: An asset must be specified for tag 'texture-kuid'.
Warning: An asset must be specified for tag 'texture-kuid'. Also, there is this, on a few items: Warning: The texture 'gp40_body/window.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'gp40_shadow/shadowblacktexture.tga' is a uniform color. Again, I would just ignore them, as they are just WARNINGS. There will be something that explains all this coming down the road, I am sure. Hope this helps alleviate some myths and questions.u have any.
all seems fine on my system so far just installed the sp1 .

Last edited:
in all instances thus far, the "Unable to link compiled script class" is due to the libraries cache being out of date.

the procedure for forcing a rebuild of them (at your own risk) is to shut the program down, remove the contents of userdata/cache/libraries and restart the launcher. once it appears, go to cmp and re-validate the assets by right clicking them and viewing errors and warnings.

I think I am going to stay clear of this new update until everything get sorted out. I love my JR content to much to half to go without it for a week. :confused:

I don't have that issue with any locomotives anymore. Somehow, i've started getting the error with the UP CE-11 Caboose from USLW and the ATSF CE-11 Caboose included with the game. The ATSF caboose has no errors, but doesn't show up in game. And somehow, the JRPX 4 bay centerflow hopper included with TS12 is missing the running numbers.

Well I just installed the Conrail SD80MAC and I'm getting these errors.

<kuid2:45324:91307:1> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'speedo.tga'.
<kuid2:45324:90201:2> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.
<kuid2:45324:85401:1> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.
<Kuid2:45324:85402:1> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.

Last edited:
Well I just installed the Conrail SD80MAC and I'm getting these errors.

<kuid2:45324:91307:1> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'speedo.tga'.
<kuid2:45324:90201:2> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.
<kuid2:45324:85401:1> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.
<Kuid2:45324:85402:1> : Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'art_icon.tga'.

Thanks. I've duplicated these types of "errors" after I did an EDR on my patched install. However before I did the EDR nothing actually showed faulty.

As said in the original post by NS37 were going to have to take some time to figure out how to get around this or see what N3V's aim was on this one as its on alot of other content as well, not just ours.

A-ok over here. Nothing's faulty, just need to install a few updates.

Suggestion-Put a Faulty tab in your CM, makes your life a whole lot easier.

If anyone is having issues with a particular item, please see www.jointedrail.com on that item's page for updates to SP1. There are also some misc updates available under the "dependencies" tab.

If you cannot find an update for your particular asset, please drop us a line and let us know what it is. If it is a legitimate SP1 issue the files will be made available on the site.

I've installed the updates but my 80MACS are still showing the shell as faulty

Did you grab the wipers from under the SP1 Updates area as well under dependencies?

Once youve done that check it again, make sure nothing is open for edit and that the installed files you got overwrote the old, not just skipped.

Did you grab the wipers from under the SP1 Updates area as well under dependencies?

Once youve done that check it again, make sure nothing is open for edit and that the installed files you got overwrote the old, not just skipped.

Did that, committed everything and the shells are still listed as broken with this error: Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'speedo.tga'.

All my othert locos patched without issue.

Did that, committed everything and the shells are still listed as broken with this error: Error: The tag 'image' in '0' points to a nonexistent file: 'speedo.tga'.

All my othert locos patched without issue.

That was the exact issue before we fixed it. Shoot me an email on this to support if you would, I'd like to try something with you here to see what the issue is. I know the files are all good...

That was the exact issue before we fixed it. Shoot me an email on this to support if you would, I'd like to try something with you here to see what the issue is. I know the files are all good...

OK. I'm on my way out so I'll do it later today. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back