Patching TS12 v. 49922 to v. 57720

-You probably need a FCT (First Class Ticket).

-Joe

I have a FCT but Chris had said previously that for DLC a FCT was never required.

I think the reason is simpler, I have most of the DLC and they were all downloading simultaneously thus splitting my normal broadband speed. When Aerotrain finished I closed the dialog box to find the other DLC stacked below it I spread the four remaining dialog boxes on the screen and they were all showing differen speeds.
The paid screen is a little confusing in that this also shows the three items I never bought - Treez, Carbon City and the shunter.

Ken

Hello James
Well I certainly thank you for your effort, it is appreciated. I have done pretty much as you have done, several times since the initial release of TS12. Because of the problems I have never used TS12, it has been shelved awaiting this service pack. I cannot pinpoint the posts due to lack of time, but I have raised the issue on the forums before and found that others had similar problems. There are quite a number of posts raising spline issues. I have used the S&C route since TC3, through TS2009, and TS2010 and have never had any problem. I also have it running in TS2004, so that should show that I am not exactly a novice.

Ah, could it be you were using a copy of the route from TC3, rather than the fixed and updated one from the SnC pack? If so, that's a rather different repro case. (I will try again with that version, and see if the outcome is different this time).

It may well run in TS12 out of the box without modification, I haven't tried that.

The SnC addon pack runs straight from the box in TS2009, TS2010 and TS12. I haven't tried copying the one from TC3 though. Copying that route into later products isn't something we officially support.

Ah, could it be you were using a copy of the route from TC3, rather than the fixed and updated one from the SnC pack? If so, that's a rather different repro case. (I will try again with that version, and see if the outcome is different this time).

The SnC addon pack runs straight from the box in TS2009, TS2010 and TS12. I haven't tried copying the one from TC3 though. Copying that route into later products isn't something we officially support.
No. The problems I had was with the route modified in and exported out of TS2010. It is still fine in TS2010. What I changed was the track, I had originally used the old mp-track, and later changed this again to UK Bullhead TS2009 track. I changed all of the trees, some with payware from jvc, some with pofig's and some with Ultratreez. I also added quite a number of scenery items from the TS2009 web site, together with others from the DLS.

The biggest offenders were the humped back road bridges, and and the ramp to and over the bridge just north of Skipton.

One thing maybe I should mention is that sometimes when I had gone to re-adjust the splines in Surveyor, I just had to touch them and they sprang back to their original positions. Unfortunately this did not always happen, neither did they seem to stay there.

Another thing I didn't mention was that when i installed SP1, I am almost certain that I did not save the route, in other words I think that it was a consequence of the import alone and not a file saving problem. This could also have been the case pre SP1, but again I am not too confident, as I did not notice any problems until after I had made modifications

I did think I'd wiped TS12 but I forgot about a copy I have installed on a laptop. I will reproduce the problem there and possibly send you some screenshots. I'm a little pushed for time at present as my wife is in hospital, so I can't promise anything soon.

Again, thanks for your attention and time, it probably won't matter for me now, but I am sure there are others out there who would like to see the problem solved.
Geoff

Hi all moderators,
I am trying to update TS12 with a patch SP1 49922 to 57720 and I get File is damaged and cannot be patched

\N3V Games\TS12\bin\TETData\lists\smoke-mode.txt
Failed to apply patch

Have a look for smoke-mode.txt on the search - there are quite a few threads about that including one with what should be in that file. I will see if I can find a link to it.

Shane

I never did get that patch to install. I had to go from 49922 directly to 58414 and it took me four days to get that to download and install properly.

From experience, the patcher behaves differently on different systems, although if an error does happen it's best to post on the forums including the error message in order to get help to rectify it.

Shane

I wonder how many people gave up on Trainz since SP1 came out? I for one, just lost interest in it, have no desire to try patching and repairing and patching and repairing, and I am betting there are quite a few people that feel that way. Anyone buying TS12 today, has no idea what they are in for, in my opinion.

I never did get that patch to install. I had to go from 49922 directly to 58414 and it took me four days to get that to download and install properly.
Why stop there. Go directly to 61388. It is a no fuss no muss patch that gets you HF4 and other benefits. Like all patching, DON'T interrupt once it has started, even if it appears to be sleeping. Lots of activity behind the screen that you don't see. Once downloaded, I let it work overnight and by morning it was all done.

I wonder how many people gave up on Trainz since SP1 came out? I for one, just lost interest in it, have no desire to try patching and repairing and patching and repairing, and I am betting there are quite a few people that feel that way. Anyone buying TS12 today, has no idea what they are in for, in my opinion.

If people purchase the current online version, I believe it's already patched up to at least the previous patch. The last patch creates very little errors anyway, and for many people there were none. For new users it doesn't matter anyway since they'll be downloading, for the most part, newer content.

Remember too these errors were always there. The error verification is reporting them as it is more strict. Once the content is repaired, the simulator runs quite well. I have 422GB of content installed on my system and I can say that with affirmation.

In general the rules has been to run a database repair once the patches have been installed. Usually the patching process does this anyway, but I do it again once the patch is complete. In many cases, the numerous errors are false warnings caused by the verification of the content.

John

I just updated the other day. I was very surprised that it went so smoothly. I was just about terrified to update afer hearing all the horror stories. I had one error, it was an Auran kuid and was fixed by a quick data base repair. I did this on an offline machine with a brand new TS12 install. Maybe, for once, I got lucky! I've installed the new Rollins 36ng and now I'm installing msgsapper's 3 steam era routes....finally. I think when I start importing assets from my old installs, I might run into some problems I heard about. Heck, If I don't have something to fix, I'll get bored!

The thing I'd like to know about is this:

My installs of TS12SP1 have 30,037 files installed. (I think that's the number). The old TS12 have about 250,000+. That 30,000 must be what's needed for the build in stuff. I don't mind this at all, I hate looking through all the items. Nothing is missing on the buit in routes.

My online machine that I use for downloading has TS12 on it with the 250,000 items. I was going to update that install, but I'm wondering what will happen to the 250,000 items. Will I end up with 30,000? I don't mind having all those assets on THAT install. Do you have to go the the black pages and find what you need there?

Hope you understand this, I got confused writing it!

Cheers, thanks....Rick

Can you please help me? I dont know how to download 49922. I am really into building routes and want to build a CSX route but I cant do that without CSX locos! Lol. Im not sure that I signed in right on the actual game. It says I am at version 48249. If you reply, please reply to jjjadczak@yahoo.com. That would be awesome. Thanks!!!! (Anyone who reads this PLEASE reply.) ..
L

Please refer to the 'Auran Announcements' topic in these forums. At the top of the page are several 'stickeys' posted (with blue background). These 'stickeys' will link you to All the TS12 updates and hotfixes. Simply click on and download what you need.
I just tried it and the links are still active.

Can you please help me? I dont know how to download 49922. I am really into building routes and want to build a CSX route but I cant do that without CSX locos! Lol. Im not sure that I signed in right on the actual game. It says I am at version 48249. If you reply, please reply to jjjadczak@yahoo.com. That would be awesome. Thanks!!!! (Anyone who reads this PLEASE reply.) ..
L

Jaiden,

First edit and remove your email address from your post. Posting an email address in a public forums is a guaranteed way of receiving lots more spam than you normally get, and to have your email address sold off to hackers.

Second. You need to register your copy of TS12 in order to download and receive support. Without this no one will assist you and you will not have access to download servers, or be able to patch properly.

John

Back