Article: Trainz 12 Service Pack 1

I downloaded the patch and applied it, now Trainz 12 starts but I can not load any routes at all. Trainz 12 crashes and I get an Error message. Now I have to reload Trainz and I am so angry.....................

What a shame, I feel sorry:( for all of us, This patch is the worst as it gets, I just hope that the serious problems that this patch has course. Not just for patching but the for content and even for the users. I just hope they have redone the patch and hot-fix so its able to install currently.

PS ajs superscript is now not working

from

Matthew

What's this about. I got this message after trying the SP1 download. It download halfway then stood there. Had to cancel it to go to college. I try opening Trainz 12. I got this message ...
Untitled_zps98f401bb.png

You should never cancel a patch unless it says Patching Aborted or Patching Completed - you must now reinstall the game.

Shane

Not if you backup the <Trainz install folder>/UserData folder first (if you have installed payware from N3V, you will need to reinstall this afterwards).

Shane

That should not affect things. Right-click the Trainz shortcut on the desktop, click Properties, then click Find Target/Open File Location (depends on Windows version). Once the folder opens copy the UserData folder to a safe location.

Shane

What error message are you getting? Some errors can be resolved without reinstalling the game.

Shane

First of all when I came in to the site where you can load the routes I could not understand why some of the routes had orange text, some hade White, and a few green. But I could not load any one of them. The game froze and I had to press Ctrl-Alt-Delete to come back to windows. I got a message that Trainz encounter a problem. I don´t remember the Error message because I got angry, I uninstalled the game and lost everything in the process, so thank you for that.................. I don´t recommend any one to install the patch file because the risk to lose everything is to big.

I can tell you that I've not had any issues (apart from fixing faulty content) with the patch, so I'm guessing it's something to do with your system. Regarding the colours, this is covered in a different thread.

By the sounds of things, it may be your graphics drivers.

Shane

I can tell you that I've not had any issues (apart from fixing faulty content) with the patch, so I'm guessing it's something to do with your system. Regarding the colours, this is covered in a different thread.

By the sounds of things, it may be your graphics drivers.

Shane

There is nothing wrong with my Graphics driver or with my computer at all. But there is something wrong with your patch file and you can see the result of that on the forum. Some lucky souls have been able to get the patch file to work just fine but I still recommend not to download the patch file right now, but it is up to everyone to do as they please!

I've successfully installed the patch so it's definitely not due to the patch itself, otherwise no-one would be able to install it.

Shane

P.S. I have no connection to N3V - read the signature.

I have the same problem after the update had been running for ~20 mins. I saw GPavlich sent you a PM on the issue so did you get it sorted?

My TS12 installation is on an F: drive along with several other TS installs.
SP1 works howver I have reverted back to the previous verson as I have a problem with payware locos/carriages which are importnat to my current route.
until such time as they are fixed I will not be using SP1
Shame

If they are JR locomotives, have you read their forum lately?

If it's N3V DLC content, this should not have any issues with them.

If it's other content, take it up with the creator.

Shane

What's this about. I got this message after trying the SP1 download. It download halfway then stood there. Had to cancel it to go to college. I try opening Trainz 12. I got this message ...
Untitled_zps98f401bb.png
I had exactly the same thing happen to me - I had to completely reload from scratch. I then reapplied the patch - it half loaded in about 15 mins and that was it - I left it running overnight with no progress. All I can think of is that the patch some how corrupted itself during download. Luckily I recently saved my whole Trainz program to a separate hard drive so I was able to transfer back all of my user data (big job in itself 50 + Gb). Can anyone tell me where all of the downloaded dependencies are stored as I don't wish to spend days re-downloading them.

Back