Article: Trainz 12 Service Pack 1

Thank you. FINAL Update: Here's what I have done to get SP1 working without problems: This may be drastic measures, but I have everything backed up off the computer to restore later. I am slowly adding my content back in, just in case, to see if anything new should to arise. Complete uninstall of all TS12...
reboot...
install only TS12, no add-ons...
reboot...
installed SP1, then reboot...
Quick Database Repair, reboot...
finally Extended Database Repair...
then final reboot. And now, here's results.
Seems to be working. I thought I had problems with Mojave again.
Instead, it seems that it is just more restricted or locked down, as I don't remember there being a unlock feature required for the default built-in routes.
So, I selected edit route for Mojave, resaved as a new name (Mojave SP1 test)
Created a session, SP1 session test, and found that it carried over same properties as built in.
That's where I saw this unlock required to proceed with changes.
So, the original Jointed Rail issue seems to be alleviated. And just so every one is aware, there will be new WARNINGS, which can be safely ignored, that Content Manager 3.7 does extra checking to create these: Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing. (this was there before, the others that follow are new to me)
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_art/mesh_art_512.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_art/mesh_icon.texture'.
Warning: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'mesh_shadow/black.texture'.
Warning: An asset must be specified for tag 'texture-kuid'.
Warning: An asset must be specified for tag 'texture-kuid'. Also, there is this, on a few items: Warning: The texture 'gp40_body/window.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'gp40_shadow/shadowblacktexture.tga' is a uniform color. Again, I would just ignore them, as they are just WARNINGS. There will be something that explains all this coming down the road, I am sure. Hope this helps alleviate some myths a questions.

Last edited:
Looks like good news! :) I hope the "full change-list" will contain good news about merging and that the "Improved multi-player support" will boost the use of multiplayer.

Anyway,
Thanks for the patch!

or they should, I don't know maybe get out of the 90's and get with the times

Don't forget that there are some people in this world who cannot afford broadband or if they can afford broadband, they cannot afford unlimited broadband, or due to the area they live in can only get a very slow download speed.

Shane

Very, VERY easy for some people to say.
Now, if you'd like to slip me the additional $$$ that I will need to pay for exceeding my monthly capacity, I'd be most grateful, because the Australian Government certainly won't add it to my pension.

Bruce

Very, VERY easy for some people to say.
Now, if you'd like to slip me the additional $$$ that I will need to pay for exceeding my monthly capacity, I'd be most grateful, because the Australian Government certainly won't add it to my pension.

Bruce

have someone near by or in your country mail the sp1 on a blank dvd for you, i am will to do it for free in the u.s and i am not made of money, but i like to help people out

Hi Termin,

Unfortunately, this is an English only patch at the moment. There is a lot of new text that we have to get translated first. We are looking at having localised patches in the coming months.

As I said, the russians and the germans (me) are 'second class trainzers'...no matter whether we paid the same price or not...:(
And I cant get the english version because i would have tu buy the same!!! Game again...its a shame....

Downloaded OK, ran patch but it failed to complete, message was that ts12*.ja files were not same as those being updated.
I actually run TS12 from my D: drive which is a copy from my old computer. The actual registry program is on C: drive which I had to load to be able to run my D: drive version.
Had a look at both sets of files in /Builtin, they are same size and date, so what is the problem? Only difference is that I have files from TS09/10 plus S&C & Treez in the D; drive.

Hmmm, Happy birthday to me! But I am going to wait until the problems with this patch are solved...

No mention of any fix to splines having detached at fixed objects after saving and returning to edit the route later. (One of the biggest bugs for the route builder).

No mention of fixing the spline drawing system to eliminate the 0.20m gap between the spline point and underlying terrain.

The "integration" of DLC sounds like an attempt to emulate Railworks and Steam. I prefer to control my DLC manually, i.e. keep it off the laptop where I do route development so I don't inadvertently reference a payware asset someone else may not have.

Fixing the merge route function will be welcome to many route builders.

As I said, the russians and the germans (me) are 'second class trainzers'...no matter whether we paid the same price or not...:(
And I cant get the english version because i would have tu buy the same!!! Game again...its a shame....
I assure you, we're not happy about the situation either and will be working to get international versions patched as soon as we can.

Downloaded OK, ran patch but it failed to complete, message was that ts12*.ja files were not same as those being updated.
I actually run TS12 from my D: drive which is a copy from my old computer. The actual registry program is on C: drive which I had to load to be able to run my D: drive version.
Had a look at both sets of files in /Builtin, they are same size and date, so what is the problem? Only difference is that I have files from TS09/10 plus S&C & Treez in the D; drive.

I have sent you a private message, please reply so we can get to the bottom of whats gone wrong here.

No, N3V should offer the patch in physical form, for a small fee. Like when WinXP SP3 came out from Microsoft, I got it on a CD for I think $9.99 - just so I wouldn't have to download to 8 years even on boradband - or do it over and over for all the times I have to reinstall the miserable POS.

Back