Matching Ballast Textures for JR Tracks

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Does anyone know what is the best ballast texture to go with the track available on Jointed Rail's website? I've downloaded them all. I've also downloaded socalwb909's abutments from the Download Station, and the ballast texture should also match the the ballast on the abutments so that there seems to be no sudden change in the ballast texture (i.e. color) when the ballast texture meets the ballast on the abutments. Any suggestions?

well you download the tracks then go to game open the surveyor and open texture window and in search window type jr .u will get the texture you are looking for

Well, here's the problem: those textures are used on the Mojave Sub route, so I am concerned that if I used them on a route that I put up on the Download Station, someone who doesn't own Trainz 12 and downloads it would result in the textures being 'unknown dependencies' and would not be able to find it either on Jointed Rail's website or the Download Station. I'm looking for ballast that can be found on the Download Station and will be close to the JR ballast built-in Trainz 12.

I have all three variations of JR's track available on their site but only one ballast texture. I believe it's for the light grey track. I'd love to have the matching concrete track ballast and dark grey if anyone knows how I could get those.

They're being built in Trainz 12. By 'doesn't own Trainz 12' is because of the possibility of new editions of Trainz coming in the future.

I'm sure It can't be too hard to copy the ballast textures over into a new file, you can't release them but it's a temporary fix until you can get ones that do.

Back