Thoughts of a quote?

amtrak2041864

High Speed Rail!!
I came across this quote I found on a train forum website

Mission of Amtrak was and always has been to save passenger trains from dying out while doing their best to improve it

Also this
2yxqlfl_zps73641f1c.jpg

Isn't She Gorgeous:D

The chisled nose, and paint scheme, gives this locomotive (or motor) a bad *** look. If it could talk it would probably say something like: "I'm here for business, not to play around."

I think it would be walking around with a backpack and asking for directions to the airport in broken English so it isn't late for its flight back to Germany.

I came across this quote I found on a train forum website

Mission of Amtrak was and always has been to save passenger trains from dying out while doing their best to improve it

Also this
2yxqlfl_zps73641f1c.jpg

Isn't She Gorgeous:D

Well whaddya know, it must be the new High-horse engine for replacing the HHP8. Now being made by Siemans, in SF I think.

If someone in the know KNOWS, please tell us!

Also this
2yxqlfl_zps73641f1c.jpg
God that is horrible. And I thought it was just the UK suffering from terrible German locomotive design. :eek: Are the headlights realy going to take up all that space at the front? Oh dear, give me an AEM-7 any day...
***EDIT*** Yes, they do...
300px-Updated_Rendering_of_Siemens-built_Amtrak_Cities_Sprinter.jpg

This is why we have the ugly trains thread.

Last edited:
God that is horrible. And I thought it was just the UK suffering from terrible German locomotive design. :eek: Are the headlights realy going to take up all that space at the front? Oh dear, give me an AEM-7 any day...
***EDIT*** Yes, they do...
300px-Updated_Rendering_of_Siemens-built_Amtrak_Cities_Sprinter.jpg

This is why we have the ugly trains thread.

I remember now! Behold, the ACS-64! and I dunno if you can really call any double-ended electric good looking....(yes I know the GG1 is an exception, but an exception only)

At least the concept art for the new engine doesn't look too terrible... That being said, I am going to miss the AEM-7s.

Back