Playing YouTube videos

mezzoprezzo

Content appreciator
Until the last few days I've been able to play videos directly from the YouTube start screen showing in the members post.

Now I can't.

I can get around it by RMB'ing the image and pasting the video URL into another browser tab where I can then open it. Something seems to have changed.

Is this a general "fault" on the Forum or do I need to alter a setting somewhere?

Casper
:confused:

It works for me as I was just watching the railroad safety videos posted by jcitron. Don't think it is a forum fault.

It works for me as I was just watching the railroad safety videos posted by jcitron. Don't think it is a forum fault.

Thanks for that Paul.

I don't think it's a change to any Forum settings because I can't see anywhere where it can be altered.

I'll have a look at my browser settings (Chrome) to see if there is anything there that may throw some light on it.

Still confused.

Casper
:confused:

Are you using a popup blocker?

Some things using Chrome I can only open with ( open in new tab ) & I don't know why.I suspect some setting has changed but I don''t know how or why.

Dave

Hello Dave.

Are you using a popup blocker?~snip~
No, at least nothing specific other than whatever the defaults in Chrome and my AV software may be providing.

It does appear to be a Chrome issue.

I've just opened the Forum in Internet Explorer and that gets me the direct link to YouTube from Forum postings.

This seems to be a known problem having just searched Google. Clearing Chrome browsing data and history followed by a re-boot seems to be the general advice. I usually do a clear down each night before shutting down my PC, but didn't last night - so maybe that's the reason I've got the problem.

I won't try dropping the system now because I've got too many "slow to load" applications open. We'll see what happens tomorrow after the next start-up!

Cheers
Casper

Sorted!

The history clear down and PC re-boot this morning made no difference.

I eventually found that one of the Flash Player Chrome plug-ins needed to be enabled.

My Forum YouTube links are now working OK.

:)

I don't use Chrome, nor Firefox (I have tried both, and got malware "Funmoods" from Chrome ... and as for Firefox, I see nothing faster nor more secure over than that of regular ol' IE8 ... although Firefox, does have "No Squint", and "Color That Site" add ons).

Several times each day I delete all my browsing history, in private browsing, form data, temporary internet files ... etc ... etc ... in "Tools". I clear everything out as I need no clutter and junk !

YouTube works great for me, all the time.

Last edited:
Back