Forum Code of Conduct - Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social mistakes from Asperger's Disorder getting banned?

What you are implementing is a good thing. However, I suffer from Asperger's Disorder which prevents me from reading the feelings, good or bad, from others. I have, many times, unintentionally made others feel uncomfortable by saying things socially inappropriate without realizing it. If I say the wrong thing will I and others like me be banned because I suffer from a handicap to which there is no known cure?

What you are implementing is a good thing. However, I suffer from Asperger's Disorder which prevents me from reading the feelings, good or bad, from others. I have, many times, unintentionally made others feel uncomfortable by saying things socially inappropriate without realizing it. If I say the wrong thing will I and others like me be banned because I suffer from a handicap to which there is no known cure?

A higher proportion of people in Trainz suffer from asperger's syndrome and other health problems than you might expect. It can be a fairly cheap hobby with lots of interesting technical things to play with and study. So the forums and woderators are sensitive to such people, as long as you talk about issues or concerns you should be fine. Banning is normally not indefinite by the way.

Cheerio John

reminder

... nearly 5 years after placing this thread it is still topical and necessary for a reminder ...
so i have a suggesting for socializing: in a new thread i invite you for a digitdrink (coffee, tea, beer, liquor ...) and to show your playmate ... can be your place of playing / working / creating but also your respect and kindness for who or what you play / work / create with ...

cu there ... or be square .. (urban-burr)
grtz
daveric

What about for Trainz chat? Spamming, fights and lots of other annoyances occur a lot in it, the ignore buttons don't help with the people without the username because they can get off and on again while having a different number so you'll just have a huge list of one person ignored so it's just a nuisance.

What about for Trainz chat? Spamming, fights and lots of other annoyances occur a lot in it...

You use Trainz iChat? I thought that they (iChat users) had all died out. The reasons you listed are the very reasons why I (and probably most others) avoid it. To me Trainz is a hobby, to be enjoyed in peace and quiet (apart from the train noises). If I had wanted to participate in an endless "cat fight" with others, I would not have retired from work.

My thoughts only.

On the other hand?

Dear Tony, I fully understand that some level of decorum is necessary on any chat site like this, but! It appears to me, that with your rather draconian approach to it all, that any inward negative input or criticism towards either the trainz product or the trainz community itself is dealt with, in a rather totalitarian dispatching fashion! I do not believe that is what a forum is about! You will end up with a few consenting, submissive individuals all agreeing with each other, about how well behaved they are and what they own.
I am writing this because I have been banned before under the name of Zapata935. I'm not bothered about getting banned again, because I feel that your forums have nothing to offer me any more.
If a person like me is wrong in what I say, then It should be debated down with argumentative narrative and logic! That is the machinery of a forum? The chance to flame or deride someone who you disagree with is essential to an argument. Why do you want to hide away from the subjects and topics that people get angry and frustrated at? That is like running away from discussions, issues and life itself.
I believe that you need to take the baby bracers off your trike and chat site and try living in the real world!

I guess this is also goodbye, BrakemanJake

We will have to agree to disagree. Derision, name calling and personal attacks are simply bullying and not part of a "reasonable discussion". There are the sign of not having anything positive to contribute to the argument.

Goodbye.

Please note: There's no need to comment further on this thread about the brakemanjake post. Please keep any discussions on topic and within the CoC.

Not being specific here, but I've been known to complain about things that bug me, which I dare say is normal. But I will agree with Tony in no way should anyone "deride" another person. Any sensible person would surely see that as going over the line? Commenting that something bugs you is fair, even if it is operator error (not looking at myself much). But you have to have a boundary, and I see no problem with that. Keep it civil is far more pleasant, IMHO.

A "tone" has been set for people to people interaction in the USA by national leadership. Confrontation is the new style discourse. This has spread throughout the world as various countries see populism as the best method for running a country. Thus the masses are more outspoken as they demand more freedom to express themselves and lead their daily lives in a less restrictive(civil and law-biding) manner.

These same people populate the internet sites and use the new standards of their society to express themselves. Sort of like the French Revolution all over again.

Confrontation is the new style discourse. This has spread throughout the world as various countries see populism as the best method for running a country. Thus the masses are more outspoken as they demand more freedom to express themselves and lead their daily lives in a less restrictive(civil and law-biding) manner.

Totally agree. People who have "extreme views" (left, right, middle, up, down) on a subject now feel emboldened to express those views more openly in public forums. No matter what your views you always have a right to express them but what is missing is the responsibility that goes with that right. "Fake News" is an abandonment of that responsibility - a "don't worry about the facts, just print it" mentality where getting your name in print or your views "out there" is more important than accuracy and fairness (and I'll admit that politics is never about accuracy and fairness - perhaps that is the "standard" that has been set). Freedom of speech does not give you the right to yell "fire .. fire" in a crowded space.

Sort of like the French Revolution all over again.

Hopefully, without La Guillotine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back