The Work of Chuck Brite

deisan

I just wanted to let every one know of this members great contribution to this PC world of trans. I have been a Model Railroader for over 40 years. A bad back in my 80's have forced me to give up the monthly operations with five or six railroad buddy's My family gave me Trainz for Christmas. I was first overwhelmed by it. A month later I was ready to give up on it. Then I downloader Chuck Brites Track Laying and Troubleshooting. This man did one hell of a job explaining various aspects of the building process. His pictures opened my eyes to how things can be done. If ever there was an example of a dedication to a love of railroad modeling, this is it!! My thanks from a lifelong railroader to a wonderful modeler in a new medium. Don Eisan "The Southern Railroad of Dallas Texas."

Hello:

If you have some assets that have warnings and errors I will be glad to fix some of them.
The tools I use look complicated but many options are redundant.
PEV's tools and scripts, Note Book, Paint Shop Pro 8.1.

I can show you how to fix most with a few clicks and screen shots.
Of course the more complex the asset the more challenging the fix.

As you know with your model train experience the more you put in the better it looks.

Gerry
68 and 11/12s

Hi Don,

I agree. Chuck opened my eyes as well to proper track laying, track marks and signaling. Without that we'd have a mass of trial and error virtual railroads. His tutorials helped me build my massive 150-plus mile route and troubleshoot many others I have downloaded.

I used to be a model railroader as well probably for about the same length of time. I had an incident back in late 2003/early 2004 that put an end to my modeling. I had a twitch and tremor in my right hand and knocked an N-gauge locomotive right to the floor. A very expensive Atlas/Kato ALCo RS-3 hit the floor and instantly made a pile of junk. I decided at that point it wasn't worth destroying other things, as it was I also had trouble painting some building kits. I'd be okay with one side, but then splat paint all over the place as I worked on the models. Little did I know this was the harbinger of other things that were to come along later. One day I saw Trainz on the internet and then the announcement for TRS2004. When TRS2004 came out, that was it. My old N-Scale stuff got packed up into crates and there it sits today.

John

Chuck did a great job with his tutorials and made some well thought out routes-sessions. Last I heard he was working on an update of his routes, don't know if he is still at it.

turntable trouble, trying to get the table to work

Hello:

If you have some assets that have warnings and errors I will be glad to fix some of them.
The tools I use look complicated but many options are redundant.
PEV's tools and scripts, Note Book, Paint Shop Pro 8.1.

I can show you how to fix most with a few clicks and screen shots.
Of course the more complex the asset the more challenging the fix.

As you know with your model train experience the more you put in the better it looks.

Gerry
68 and 11/12s

It only turns 180 even with the move turntable app, that will not let table to work at all

Thanks for that wreeder. I thought I had downloaded the PDFs from Chuck Brite, but What I got was only a header for Wayback for each file. I finally got Part 1 by copying and pasting all the text into a file, then I had to go back and take snippets of each diagram and paste them in one at a time. Whatever those are supposed to be they aren't recognizable as PDFs any more... Great lessons though!

I'm there right now and able to download any of the tutorials. If you click on the headings which show a PDF, you can hover on the opened file in the top right corner to get download, on SOME of them. Others have a little download drop-down beside the title. I've had no problems downloading any I wanted, but yes, rather dated but should still be interesting.

Have you double-checked what you got? I get a pdf file, but it isn't the content, it is just the wayback header. They are all 11K in size. If I go to the "pdf" first and try to save as, it wants to save as html, without images. I am using Chrome, are you using a different browser? I DID just get IE to download #1 as a PDF, but #2 is HTML any way I try, and it is HTML without images.

Edit - Well Whaddya know, I managed to get them with IE! IT amazes me that I could not get Chrome or Edge/Chrome to download them as PDF files, but good old IE did it! I just need to get the intro to the Case Studies and Case Study one about multitrack portals the hard way, as they won't go PDF any way.

Last edited:
Well I just used Chrome! 400 -1400 kb each. Did you not remember to feed the monkey driving the Chrome generator... Sorry, but who can understand why things work and don't work these days. :eek:

Have you double-checked what you got? I get a pdf file, but it isn't the content, it is just the wayback header. They are all 11K in size. If I go to the "pdf" first and try to save as, it wants to save as html, without images. I am using Chrome, are you using a different browser? I DID just get IE to download #1 as a PDF, but #2 is HTML any way I try, and it is HTML without images.

Edit - Well Whaddya know, I managed to get them with IE! IT amazes me that I could not get Chrome or Edge/Chrome to download them as PDF files, but good old IE did it! I just need to get the intro to the Case Studies and Case Study one about multitrack portals the hard way, as they won't go PDF any way.

Firefox works ok you can download as pdf or open as pdf.

Back