Error Checking False Error Report?

bnsf50

Grade Xings 39134 06-12
Hello Error Checking Crew

I just received a notice in the email from the error checking crew that 2 of my assets had a error and needed to be fixed and re-uploaded.
Kuid 39134:10001:3
kuid 39134:100202:1
I checked them in cmp and found no errors outside of a yellow mark on one due to an obsolete build number. So could you please advise me as to what you are finding wrong with them so I can "fix" them.:)

From what I've gathered, the Download Station checks are running at SP1 level, which as we all know is not far from release.

Shane

Perhaps someone could point me to the page where this announcement was made and what changes are going to be effected?

There is a bit of a hint in p3wr's most recent post in the DLS,FCT forum.

Shane

For something that is going to affect so many I would think that a bit more fanfare/warning would be given.

Content Creation should not be like trying to hit a moving target in the dark, blindfolded, and drunk. That is a good way to make 100% VOLUNTARY not-employed-by-N3V content creators quit or to not even start....

Just saying, I might be wrong.

Last edited:
For something that is going to affect so many I would think that a bit more fanfare/warning would be given.

Content Creation should not be like trying to hit a moving target in the dark, blindfolded, and drunk. That is a good way to make 100% VOLUNTARY content creators quit or to not even start....

Just saying, I might be wrong.

You're exatly right, you just beat me to saying it. As far as I'm concerned they can fix the N3v created errors them self's especially since they're getting the cart in front of the horse this time and won't even tell us what the errors are anyway. And no I'm not going to reupload my assets just to see if there's an error report and the DLS doesn't usually get the error message right anyway no more than it did this time around. Sorry guys but you're on your own this time.

Clem,

I agree too. Sadly, they seem to do this all the time when it comes to content creation. It's as though there is this 'magic' black box somewhere called content creation that requires special access which no one knows.

What's so difficult about publishing standards easily, and I don't mean the horribly confusing Wiki-things which circle-jerk everything around worse than corporate benefits website with its links and sublinks to the links on the sublinks.

John

Good Evening All
We have upgraded the DLS to use the SP1 error checking. The DLS will often have newer error checking than release builds of Trainz, simply because we cannot release updates for Trainz as often.

If you upload content that has errors, then you will receive an error report that will include the actual errors that you will need to fix.

However, if you receive a report from the DLS clean-up system, this will not include the actual errors. If your Trainz install isn't showing the errors, then try uploading 'updates' to the assets. If they are actually faulty, the DLS will reject them and give you the error report.

In many ways this is not much different to having TS2010, and uploading content that would have errors in TS12 but not in TS2010. If the content is faulty, then it will be rejected.

Regards

I too received an email about assets with "errors". The list named over 400 assets, all rolling stock. Some are not showing any errors via Content Manager version 3.6. So if I am understanding the instructions correctly, I should use Content Manager to simply right click on the asset and choose "Create New Version" and upload it to the DLS. Since, as indicated previously by others, the email does not indicate what the "error(s)" are, should I be tempted to "create new version" and upload them all to find out more specifics as to errors? I mean, if Content Manager is not showing errors, perhaps the "new version" will be rejected anyway. In the final analyses, the "checking test" at the DLS is the final proof or acceptance or rejection. Am I correct?

Last edited:
Back