.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 542

Thread: The QUEBEC CENTRAL RAILWAY, prototypical route of 1969

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rail4Pete View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Loving the scenary detail, but I got ask, what track is it thats being used

    Steam is King.

  2. #32

    Default

    She's looking good R4P! I see you are using the same tank car I settled on...for now. I think it's the best. I'm hoping to get some Imperial oil tankers done up one of these days. I'm sure you must of had them up your way. Also, I'm hoping to get 8 hatch reefers and a CNR gondola. I'll ask "my rolling stock guy" to put an older CP skin on the 8 hatch for ya....well, me too! I use about 90% CNR 5%CP and 5% other. I really like looking at what you have done. We have a beautiful country and you have done a great job capturing the feel of the eastern part. Show us more!!

    Cheers....Rick

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rickf77 View Post
    She's looking good R4P! I see you are using the same tank car I settled on...for now. I think it's the best. I'm hoping to get some Imperial oil tankers done up one of these days. I'm sure you must of had them up your way. Also, I'm hoping to get 8 hatch reefers and a CNR gondola. I'll ask "my rolling stock guy" to put an older CP skin on the 8 hatch for ya....well, me too! I use about 90% CNR 5%CP and 5% other. I really like looking at what you have done. We have a beautiful country and you have done a great job capturing the feel of the eastern part. Show us more!!

    Cheers....Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman7616 View Post
    Loving the scenary detail, but I got ask, what track is it thats being used
    Thanks for your comments guys....motivating me to continue !

    I mostly use 2 types of track : With ballast: TSM Track WWL SK3 kuid2:593815:100647:2 (there is many other ballast color with this track) Without ballast: TSM-der_bdr_V3 kuid2:276733:1185:3

    Rail4Pete

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    Here is a short video at PM 41.3 on the Chaudiere sub: Sainte-Rose station. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92qw4Ntdppw
    Rail4Pete

  5. #35

    Default

    Short and sweet! Looks great Pete!

    Cheers ... Rick

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    Another short video of QCR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2odul8UBK3o

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    A shot at Ste-Germaine Station with QCR # 2554[IMG][/IMG]

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    ten characters
    Last edited by Rail4Pete; August 10th, 2014 at 05:35 AM.

  9. #39

    Default

    Boy, that's some fine looking work, Pete! Is this the first time I've seen the Quebec Central "logo" on one of your tenders? You're making your province look like a wonderful, beautiful place ... just like in real life! Don't work to hard my friend, but keep the shots coming! I really enjoy seeing great work from Canucks! It makes me want to try to do a better job on my route.

    Cheers... keep eating the "good stuff"....hope all is well .... Rick

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    1,520
     

    Default

    This route looks like a lot of fun.

    Did the Quebec Central Ry still use steam engines in the 1960s?

    - 1895 | 1963 -

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blutorse4792 View Post
    This route looks like a lot of fun.

    Did the Quebec Central Ry still use steam engines in the 1960s?
    Last year of the steam is 1959- early 1960 on most of QCR's subdivison exept one sub which kept steam till 1965. I also backdated my route to 1959 for that reason.

    @Rick: Yes it is my first reskin for a QCR steam engine.

    Cheers !
    Rail4Pete
    Cheers

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

    Enjoy !
    Rail4Pete
    P.S. These shot were edited with ''Vintager'' which is easy and free software.
    Last edited by Rail4Pete; August 17th, 2014 at 08:39 PM.

  13. #43

    Default

    Thanks Pete! I feel like "I'm there"! If that's not Quebec, I'll eat my toque! I'm getting a good feeling from it. I would have been about 8 years old in '59. Life seemed so much better back then. Well, I guess being 8, there was not too much to worry about! These shots should satisfy me until your next ones show up! Good to see you working away .... don't work too hard! Don't mind me wanting to see more, more, more! Can a fella be a "gimme pig" for screenshots? YES ... oink, oink!

    Cheers .... Rick

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada, Quebec, Montreal
    Posts
    1,834
     

    Default

    http://http://

    Two other shot taken at Valley Junction in summer of 1959.
    Rail4Pete

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States of America, Va, Woodbridge
    Posts
    4,754
    Blog Entries
    6
     

    Default

    Nice shots!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •