The QUEBEC CENTRAL RAILWAY, prototypical route of 1957

hCpacGm.jpg

Great video !

I wish to see more videos of your fantastic route, using "rotating trackside cameras" (instead of just "static", still, cameras) would make your videos even more fascinating !

Last edited:
Great video !

I wish to see more videos of your fantastic route, using "rotating trackside cameras" (instead of just "static", still, cameras) would make your videos even more fascinating !
Thanks for your suggestion MP242 and for the encouragement. Officially, this vidéo is a kind of test in the use (learning curve) of my editing software: I have produced several version of this video using different effect....I plan to use rotating cameras too, but when the route is still WIP , the static camera avoid showing unfinished parts of the route. The addition of music, voice/narration...are also in the plan as this will be made for the Regional Railway museum of this mostly fallen flag route.
Regards,
Rail4Pete

Thank you very much guys for your ''support''. Adding some extra details....
WEjVpY1.jpg

From the locomotive cab's perspective
FwsmLSC.jpg
4wbnCxN.jpg

Wow it looks amazing, where will the route be released? sorry if you've answered this before lol.-MK
I would like to say: ''It will be available soon on DLS'' but ...I can't tell this. Problem is I'm using some payware, I had to reskin a lot of assets , which for some I did not ask permission so that means these are for my personnal use only......and the route is still WIP as I have been putting it on the side for 2 years . When the route will be finished, I will have to figure out how I am going to get permissions or replace all the asset that I can't distribute....
Regards !
Rail4Pete

Here is a video I made in the rush for Ste-Germaine Station's 150th anniversary in 2017. I have just uploaded it to Youtube. It shows a stop at STe-Rose Station, then next station Ste-Germaine and the changes that happened when the steam era ended in spring 1960 and another change after the station was demolished(1969) in 1978. It is stuttering a bit but remaking it today, I would do it through Nvidia tool which is way less ressource user (that's a tip :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN_0xCp-r_k&t=29s

Last edited:
Last time I checked, and went railfaning, I found that Trains make RR sound effects, and they do not have a loud music soundtrack, wiping out their sound effects

Not sure if I should consider this as sarcasm or as a constructive critic but I would be glad to watch some video you made, any suggested ones ?

On a side note, this video have not been made for Railfans or trains enthousiast, it was made for a general audience which were celebrating the 150 th anniversary of their home town and which have not seen a train passing for decades. The purpose of it was to bring them back into the 50's atmosphere. To get into this atmosphere, I thought music was a good way to do it instead of only hearing chugging sounds and all the sounds that comes with it..... which, if I can imagine if I was in the skin of someone who does not especially like trains, could make me smile and have a nice moment travelling into the past.

Regards,
Rail4Pete

Last edited:
Back