The QUEBEC CENTRAL RAILWAY, prototypical route of 1957

Photograph did not focus on the right thing.....the train :(

uUggw3R.jpg

CLroyBE.jpg

Last edited:
Ha! My first thought was “bang on reproduction of an old photo”. Need my eyes checked.😷 Well done Rail4Pete.

Ha!Ha! Photoshop makes great illusions. On this one I made it B&W first and added a bit of noise...then, I processed it to a colorisation software found on the web.
EpWiONu.jpg

Today, june 23 2020, has seen 135 years old historic building vanished forever. The Majestic hotel built next to the Valley-Junction station has been demolished. Many town built along the railway which is also built along the river have been struggling with multiple flood over the last decade and the government, also the insurance companies can't continu paying for this over years. Many houses and building ( over 80 of them are 100+ years old ) will fall apart under the hydraulic pressure of those big excavators. 1350 feet from there, a saw mill built in 1905 and which was still operating will get the same treatment. After a big flood in 2014, the owner of the sawmill invested $200 000 to lift it on a new concrete basement which was build 2 feet above the highest flood level ever recorded over there....ang got 2-6'' of water on the floor in 2017. The main cause: Global Warming.

US1OTqr.jpg
COVyKmu.jpg
dvU2i1c.jpg
V62eSLv.jpg
oSyW6LY.jpg

Last edited:
That is very very sad, Pierre. I'm afraid Global Warming and no doubt the activities of 'property developers' are behind the destruction of much of our heritage, world-wide.
Thank you for your route, that gives us a record of what once was.

Ken

A sad reminder of one of the effects of global warming. Thanks for taking the time to document the past and current changes with photographs and screenshots. It keeps the QCR alive.
Casey

Back