Great to see so many names here that I know after all these years. (By Greg Lane)

maneus

Hi everyone,

I was so pleased when I visited here today to see so many names that I know from the past (and so many new ones too). I trust that you are all still enjoying Trainz after so many years.

To Chris (windwalker); I still buy every version of Trainz and they just get better and better. As I said to you once in a yearly review, Auran was very lucky to have found you. And, to Tony and Graham, I hope you are both well and enjoying golf (and an odd Grandfather Port or two Graham). :)

My best wishes to all of the staff at Auran and to all of the Trainz community.

Regards

Greg Lane

Last edited:
Thank you

It’s always good to have an opportunity to thank all of the creators, although it’s difficult to single out any in particular.

A “new” (to me) creator will often be found when searching for a particular item, and when finding something good it is immediately followed by a name search to find other unexpected items of equal quality. Thus, another sparkling creator is added to the ever increasing list. They’ve probably been around for years, and some may have stopped making stuff, but the assets are still new and fresh to someone who hadn’t previously downloaded them.

Thanks, as always, to all of the great creators. It’s nice to write and say so, but in addition I’ve had my Custom User Title set for some time as a permanently visible note of thanks.

It’s also great to have the opportunity to share a posting in the same thread as Greg Lane, and be able to personally say a BIG thank you to him. Had his inspiration to create this great past-time not occurred, the whole simulator would not be what we all now share.

Trainz, and the Forum, is a gift which I open every day!

Cheers
Casper

It's great to hear from you Greg after all this time and that you still support the old firm.

Cheers from another oldie.

Norm.

Hey Greg,

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for your vision all those years ago.

There are many old names still here, and some that have left us. :(
I would raise a Beer in there honour tonight.

Hello Greg,

I'm glad you stopped by to say hello. A few things have changed over the years, but many have stayed the same. The program, not a game, is still just as popular for many of us since you first developed it so many years ago. :)

Best of luck, and I hope to see you again soon.

John

:) Hey mate !
Great to read you after all these years :wave: !
Let's have same cheesecake !
Cheers,
Philippe

Hello Greg...Years sure pass by. Trainz Mariner many moons ago, but just make maritime routes in Blender Game Engine now. Barry:)

Hi everyone,

I was so pleased when I visited here today to see so many names that I know from the past (and so many new ones too). I trust that you are all still enjoying Trainz after so many years.
My best wishes to all of the staff at Auran and to all of the Trainz community.

Regards

Greg Lane
Now there's a blast from the past!!! :D :D
Great to see that you are still with us, Greg.

Regards,
Bruce

Greg,

Any thoughts of coming back, not just to the forums, but to the company? Without Trainz, I don't think I'd have half as much to look forward to when I retire.

And yes, we too are lucky to have Windwalkr, he even talks to us directly sometimes and puts us back on track.

~ Deane

Last edited:
Welcome back, Greg.

It would be nice to hear your evaluation of Trainz now, compared with where you thought it would go.

Peter <narrowgauge>

I agree with the sentiments of others, I still remember the awesome 'meet and greet' yourself and others hosted there at what was, at the time, Auran HQ - was informative, social and entertaining - glad to see you're still around Greg, you've been missed :)

Hi Greg

Welcome back. :) You bring back great memories of the "old days", and yes, believe or not, I'm still a Moderator here after all these years. Go figure. :)

Cheers Brother

AJ

Wow! Great to hear from you, Greg! I've been enjoying Trainz for over 12 years now, and it never gets old...I DO, however ;). Thank you so much...and the whole Trainz community, for this wonderful virtual world. Best wishes...

Darrel

Back