JR SD40-2 running number problems

gg14835

Fire Up Cliffside 110!
I had tried to edit the Jointed Rail NS high-hood SD40-2 in content creator plus but after I was done I went back in to trainz and found the running numbers were not appearing on the locomotive. Anyone know what the problem is?
3a11f176b1aee9ca84e2b5a62a4ac78a.jpg

I've seen this problem before. What version of Trainz do you have and have you patched it to multiplayer build yet?

This issue is caused by doing exactly what you have done (editing in Content Creator Plus). The very action of doing this causes the trainz-build to be increased, which causes the running numbers to be affected (as the tag required in older locomotives to show running numbers is different from the one needed in TS2009 and later, which is what Content Creator Plus upgrades the config to).

Shane

deleting and reinstalling the content in question should fix this issue but you cannot edit it in CCP since it will cause this as shane had said.

This issue is caused by doing exactly what you have done (editing in Content Creator Plus). The very action of doing this causes the trainz-build to be increased, which causes the running numbers to be affected (as the tag required in older locomotives to show running numbers is different from the one needed in TS2009 and later, which is what Content Creator Plus upgrades the config to).

Shane

So it's an older tag that's the cause of it. When I had my copy of Trainz patched all the way to multiplayer the missing numbers weren't an issue for some reason.

Correct - it's the asset-filename tag, obsoleted in Trainz Classics (or possibly TRS2006) at trainz-build 2.6/2.7

The equivalent in Trainz Classics/TS2009/TS2010/TS Mac/TS12 is fonts-path.

Shane

:cool: When this happens, go back into CCP and right click the folder in the folder tree. Scroll down to the tag fonts-path then enter mesh. If that does not work, find the default mesh container and see what the mesh name is.

Some RRMods locomotives don't display running numbers in Railyard, only in the game.

CCP is the King-Prong for editing in Trainz, every item should go through CCP before being made public.

no they should not. the reason they are like this is because customer base demanded support for TRS06 at the time, and i granted them that. since we have moved on to producing for 09 and up this has not been a problem. if i put them all into CCP before i sold them they would only be for the latest edition of TS12 and nothing else.

Back