How do you force trainz to rebuild it's DB

Getting all sorts of access errors and validation errors. Looks like I need to force trainz to rebuild all the links to the assets. Whats the best way to do that.

It use to be all you had to do was delete the TDX file but that didn't work.

Any other idea's

Lionel Dave

Depends what version of Trainz you are using. If it is 2009 or 2010 open CMP click on 'menu' then select database rebuild, either full or quick. But if you have lots of troubles better select 'full' then go to bed.

Cheers,
Bill69

There are two assets.xxx files one should delete (.tdx and .bku); the other is in the cache folder. I believe you need to launch TRS not CMP for the rebuild to commence. Again I would suggest going and doing something for a while whilst the DB repairs.

peter

You can delete assets.tdx in TRS2006 but not in TS2009, 2010 since those two program's Content Managers have 2 database repair functions and TADDAEMON.

Bob

You can delete assets.tdx in TRS2006 but not in TS2009, 2010 since those two program's Content Managers have 2 database repair functions and TADDAEMON.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I thought that was the case, I could not remember where I read it so didn't post incase I was wrong.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back