How do you find the sound files?

Use Content Manager to Filter the Sound Files out........

:wave: I go into Content Manager under "Installed" filter, then on right side of Page, put "Sound" in that section, I came up with 497 Sound files in my Installed Files.

You talking about in game, or in the Manage Content at startup screen? If you mean at startup screen/Manage Content, I can see 62 sounds. But in game, I can only find like 6 when I type in "sound" to search....

Most sounds don't actually have the word 'sound' in the name of the asset which is why the Category Sound is present in Manage Content.

Shane

Open T:ANE, select Content Manager.........it looks like this..........

Now you can just change Filter to show whats on your inventory under "INSTALLED"

Update Edit:My apologies here,

I totally forgot about the Category Sound noted by Shaneturner12 in Content Manager is probably the better way to find in addition to opening the Config Sys, as MF01 suggested too.

Last edited:
But there's not always the word "sound" in it so what you have to do is open the config.txt of your train then look for the "enginesound" line with its kuid and then when you look at your train's dependencies you have what you want.

Once you've found them in Content Manager, you can add them to a pick-list which will make them easily found in Surveyor.

This won't work with payware right?

I wanted to upload the chug sound, and whistle of the nkp into my real n-scale steam engine with cam sensor, and then paint the bachmann empire builder steam engine/tender shell to match the nkp. The cam and lighting etc, isn't in the bachmann, it was all modded into it. (and wow does the bachmann crap need major re-working of almost all parts, even if they are brand new to make it run smooth, *dont even try at low speeds, until you re-work it*, lol)

I guess i will need to find a different engine on the dls that has the same engine sound or very close to the nkp?

Last edited:
This won't work with payware right?

I wanted to upload the chug sound, and whistle of the nkp into my real n-scale steam engine with cam sensor, and then paint the bachmann empire builder steam engine/tender shell to match the nkp. The cam and lighting etc, isn't in the bachmann, it was all modded into it. (and wow does the bachmann crap need major re-working of almost all parts, even if they are brand new to make it run smooth, *dont even try at low speeds, until you re-work it*, lol)

I guess i will need to find a different engine on the dls that has the same engine sound or very close to the nkp?

That's correct you can't modify/edit built-in/DLC.

Anything Bachmann has a lot to be desired sadly. It's always been that case it seems.

That's correct you can't modify/edit built-in/DLC.

Anything Bachmann has a lot to be desired sadly. It's always been that case it seems.

Well, kato not much better for their prices, meh...

Ah well. A clean slow chug @ 25 minutes with no bell or whistle in it. Since reality actually bytes, don't use anything but CC content for, well CC content.. lol

Last edited:
Back