End of the line

stocky36

I seem to have come to the end of the line with Trainz
I have posted my problems recently but have not had any answers that have helped
everything was fine up to a few days ago, i can only assume I have downloaded a bug from contents manager
Can I delete Trainz from my computer and reload. would that mean buying a new copy.

Hi,
As far as I am aware, it's very unlikely that the content manager has any malicious software.

You can check by carrying out a full scan with your antivirus, or you can use
Free Online Virus Scan | Trend Micro

You can certainly delete any Trainz program from your PC (don't forget the data folder - the program and data are in different locations). If you use the "My Trainz" tab above, you will be able to see "my download products" - this should have a copy of your Trainz purchases (assuming you bought from N3V). Steam has a similar system for re-downloading.

HTH

Colin

Sorry to hear you need to reinstall to resolve a problem but you can download and reinstall as many times as you like without having to pay again. As for downloading a bug from the Content Manager it would be unusual, more likely an issue between asset versions. Good luck, Peter

I've never seen an issue like this unless there was a serious issue with the PC such as a corrupted OS or bad hardware, meaning a failing hard drive, memory, or even a power supply. This doesn't say that sometimes and in the event that something got messed up the only resolution is to freshly install, and you can do that now with TANE and up because the data is kept separate from the program. Once reinstalled, you can repoint, as in go find and reconnect, the database and your data to the new install.

Now there are assets that cause problems and we do occasionally run into those. The only way to find out is to do a bit of process of elimination.

This takes time, but in the end, you'll usually find the culprit by disabling the most recently downloaded assets, testing, then enabling a few at a time, and then repeating the process over and over until things go tits up. When that occurs, focus on those remaining assets and thin that out until you land squarely on the buggered one.

As the old saying goes, it's always the last one you find that causes the problem.

Try setting all of the options at minimum, not caring for the moment about visual quality. If there is a possible problem in the computer hardware, an over zealous setting, etc. There will be probably be a change in the display or performance. If not, the hardware gets high confidence (not total elimination).

thanks for your help.
have you any explanation for the message "excessive acceleration" and the train slowing to 0 when going thru a station?
in 15 years of playing Trainz i have never seen this

When you have problems first step is to do a full database repair, hold down control while clicking rebuild database, it may take a long time.

Have downloaded anything just before this happened? May have overwritten a builtin asset which needs reverting to original.

Check faulty assets and either revert to original or delete them, often deleting running a normal DBR and re-downloading can fix faulty assets.

Check for out of date assets and update them.

Stocky36, regarding your last post, both of these things are known, and have been complained about, so you are not the only one. Not sure if they are on the fix list, but a reinstall won't change them.

I was wondering about that I had downloaded TRS 19 Platinum but my computer got corrupted motherboard banjaxed send away for repairs still under warranty. I just wondered if would I able to download again having already paid for it

Yes, you should be able to just go to MyTrainz, and click on My Digital Downloads on the left side of the page.

I was wondering about that I had downloaded TRS 19 Platinum but my computer got corrupted motherboard banjaxed send away for repairs still under warranty. I just wondered if would I able to download again having already paid for it

Simple answer is; Yes, you can download and re-install as many times as you like. Click on; My Trainz then click on; My Digital Downloads. - That should bring up a list of what you have purchased and what you can re-download...

Look like Forester1 beat me by 3 minutes replying, while I was typing...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
thanks for your help.
have you any explanation for the message "excessive acceleration" and the train slowing to 0 when going thru a station?
in 15 years of playing Trainz i have never seen this

that's due to speed limits: you excedeed them

Back