Elevation data for Ireland

pfx

As the title may suggest, I'm trying to track down digital map elevation data for Ireland. I did have this (I think I downloaded it from Ordnance Survey Ireland) but have since lost the files. I've tried without success to locate it again on the ose.ie site. If anyone knows the location of same, I'd be very grateful to hear it.

Cheers,
Innis

As the title may suggest, I'm trying to track down digital map elevation data for Ireland. I did have this (I think I downloaded it from Ordnance Survey Ireland) but have since lost the files. I've tried without success to locate it again on the ose.ie site. If anyone knows the location of same, I'd be very grateful to hear it.

Cheers,
Innis

There is Lidar Data for Ireland now, here, https://data.gov.ie/dataset/open-topographic-lidar-data which is far more accurate, least the UK Lidar is, think you need DTM which is the actual ground. Seems to be a lot more complicated than the UK site where is a bit more obvious what you need to download, maybe ask geophil if he can point you in the right direction?

Cheers Malc. I downloaded the UK data a few years ago and still have it. Sadly, I deleted the Irish data for reasons unknown... If that LIDAR data covers the area I need, then great and thanks. I was reading through the TransDEM forum earlier but the two sources quoted led to dead links.

Innis

Last edited:
Hey Innis,

I've always used STRM data for TransDEM but if the LIDAR works go for it! LIDAR is so much better! If it doesn't I can email you the STRM data I have of Ireland.

Cheers Fiachra. Is the STRM data still available online? Last time I got it, it was via the OSI site but I wasn't able to find it this time. Maybe I'm not doing the right search. Roland has had a look at the LIDAR source I found and TransDEM wouldn't open it.

I'm not sure if its online still plus I didn't get it from the osi.ie website, I think I got it from Nasa of all places. But I can send the file if you want it?

Many thanks. Unfortunately I'm unable to connect to the site.

Innis

Last edited:
Back