Night Trainz

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
If this question has been asked and answered before I apologize.

Why is it that the "night mode" lighting effects (house windows, billboards, simulated streetlights, etc) start showing at about 14:15 pm but the locomotive light (the one that shines and lights up the track ahead) doesn't start appearing until about 1830? Seems the locomotive will drive on well into the darkness of the evening before one can see the headlights lighting up the track ahead.

I don't usually drive night sessions, but I was today and it seemed odd to me that the homes and businesses were all lit up but the locomotive headlight wasn't beaming down the tracks. Sure, one can look at the front of the engine and see the simulated headlight shining, but until about 1830, the way ahead wasn't showing the tracks ahead lighted up.

Never though of it, but does season make a difference? Does Trainz get dark earlier in November than July (or, I guess, the opposite down under?)?

The season (or location latitude), as far as I can tell, makes no difference to the time of sunrise and sunset. These are set at 06:00 and 18:00.

But Dave seems to be correct - scenery lights (where added by the creator) are on a different time switch to loco lights. I do not know if the later is dependent on the creator or not.

At least in two instances I have made comments on this. Going back to 04 times. I never had not even a comment from anyone. Maybe this time?? The ideal way to handle it is to have user selectable time for loco light, lamps and windows on buildings.. I think.

Back