Broken Payware

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
I recently bought TMR2017. It's a decent-enough version, and most of the included routes work well.

But, there are three serious flaws in the Japan - Model Train route. All three of them are broken track that causes derailments and kills the session. Being payware, there is no way to correct the problem. That makes the route unusable - and that should never happen to something we paid for. I'd try to pinpoint the three pieces of broken rail, but I have no idea how I'd give a location as there are tracks everywhere. One of the serious ones is as the train goes from ground-level and takes to an elevated stretch.

The Port Zyd and Falazturn Railroad is an amazing route but suffers from floating gear from every turnout (switch) on the line. By "gear" I mean the movable piece of the switch that extend from the frog. They aren't visible AT THE SWITCH, but if you cruise around the route, you can find them floating over buildings, in the water, and sticking out of odd structures.

I've only given the rest of the included routes a glance so I don't know if they have flaws yet.

Since one cannot edit them, or do anything to correct errors, what can be done with them?

Bill

I recently bought TMR2017. It's a decent-enough version, and most of the included routes work well.

But, there are three serious flaws in the Japan - Model Train route. All three of them are broken track that causes derailments and kills the session. Being payware, there is no way to correct the problem. That makes the route unusable - and that should never happen to something we paid for. I'd try to pinpoint the three pieces of broken rail, but I have no idea how I'd give a location as there are tracks everywhere. One of the serious ones is as the train goes from ground-level and takes to an elevated stretch.

The Port Zyd and Falazturn Railroad is an amazing route but suffers from floating gear from every turnout (switch) on the line. By "gear" I mean the movable piece of the switch that extend from the frog. They aren't visible AT THE SWITCH, but if you cruise around the route, you can find them floating over buildings, in the water, and sticking out of odd structures.

I've only given the rest of the included routes a glance so I don't know if they have flaws yet.

Since one cannot edit them, or do anything to correct errors, what can be done with them?

Bill

The floating gear that you refer to is a bug in that version of T:ANE. Occasionally floating things appear almost randomly in the middle of nowhere and even on our editable routes these bits and pieces, trees sometimes, and other assets can't be removed. This version was also plagued with the smokenados appearing on routes, detached from industries and steam locomotives.

Track errors you have found in the Japanese Model Railroad seem to be a recent thing after updating. I remember driving all over that route during the beta-testing days and found nothing wrong with the tracks. The problem does need to be reported to N3V so they can update the route (and break something else in the process!). My recommendation is to take a screen capture or two in the area where the problem occurs. (I would do two or three. One up close, and two from different angles. The reason for the multiple screen shots is to give the QA Team something to go by when they repair/break the route.

I do agree that these issues should be there in these routes since they are payware.

So it being payware, a route is not editable ?

What is the process, or config file tag, that stops a route, or asset from being edited ?

If I created a railcar, locomotive, or route, how would I go about setting up my config file(s) of my assets/routes so that they could not be edited by anyone ?

I am guessing that only assets/routes, that are N3V DLC DRM, or that are on the DLS, or are built-in assets/routes, are
locked so that no one can edit them ?

And and that a 3rd party distributed, or privately created, privately distributed, asset/routes of your own, can not be made to be locked, and can not be made un-editable (DRM), even if you yourself are the creator of the asset/route ?

Last edited:
Absolutely, John. The smokenadoes are something I didn't mention, but they are all over the place - even coming from behind the brick wall surrounding the layout. Hopefully (he said sarcastically) the long-awaited patch for TANE SP3 will come along "soon"(TM).

I'll go back over the Japanese route and see if I can give a better location for the breaks I've found.

@MP242: No, payware is locked and you can't edit, clone, or mess with it at all. having said that, I'm wondering why you would put a route out there that is locked so others couldn't modify it. I have several routes on the DLS and the essence of putting it up there is for others TO modify it to their needs/whims. That's the fun of this simulator game. My Wild Bill for TANE comes in several parts. You can download one or more parts and attach them to route you've made. My Shoo-fly route was built essentially for someone to slip into their route for a bit of fun.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Don't forget you can create a session and drop trackmarks at the locations of the problems with names like "Track broken here 1". Then upload the session to the DLS for the team to download.

William

Hi Bill,

Don't forget you can create a session and drop trackmarks at the locations of the problems with names like "Track broken here 1". Then upload the session to the DLS for the team to download.

William

Ah so. Yes, I do remember that now that you mention it, William. I'd forgotten about that. I'll give it a whack today once relatives leave.

Bill

Back