Delaware Lackawanna Pocono Main

dej

DL Engineer
And so it begins.... I've started work on the DL's Pocono Main Line from Scranton to Slateford. This also includes the Portland Wye and interchange with the Norfolk Southern.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
pZJ2Pao.png

Here's a picture to get us started, You can see I have the track all laid out within Steamtown National Historic Site.

That's going to be a great route. Take your time and stay focused because there's lots of railroads in that area besides the DL&W.

Edit: I just noticed that you live in the area so you should know that! :)

Last edited:
@dej
You might want to talk to blackdiamond1964. He's making the Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley RR for Trainz and made several buildings in the Scranton area as they looked in the 1950s that still exist. He might be willing to help you out with modifying those buildings to look like how they look today.

@dej
You might want to talk to blackdiamond1964. He's making the Lackawanna & Wyoming Valley RR for Trainz and made several buildings in the Scranton area as they looked in the 1950s that still exist. He might be willing to help you out with modifying those buildings to look like how they look today.

He already did. :hehe:

Here's another tiny update. Looking West towards Scranton from the Winton Jct. area.
x47AY8n.png

Last edited:
I started this route but never finished it. Are you using the DLS dem or your own? A Steamtown route would be great in Trainz. The DLS dem stops past Tobyhanna, though. How far are you going with your route? Are you going to Carbondale as well? Steamtown occasionally operates train rides on that line as well. Steam will be running to Archbald this month, the #26 on a public excursion. I hope you finish it so that we can enjoy it. Maybe do the trolley line to the ballpark as well. Bendorsey (he passed away) made the DL&W Scranton station a while back, and there are some road and rail bridges from Scranton as well.

It's my own DEM and it includes all the way from Scranton to Portland PA. I plan on doing the whole line and include small parts of the Carbondale line to get to the engine shop and Greenridge yard since the DEM covers that.

Holy crap, it literally to me a minute to figure out that wasn't real! Well done it looks amazing!-MK

Edit-grammar

Last edited:
Yes! Is this the one that was on the dls?

No, the station was never officially released. BenDorsey made a version of this building for me way back when I first started my L&WV project. I soon got tired of asking people to make items for me so I started creating content for myself. This model was one of the first models that I made/completed. Like so much of my content, it's on a list to be updated. Since it's a scenery item for my project, it has a low priority for upgrading, but eventually it will be done. Ben Dorsey's version is probably at the TPR site.

Back