seasonal billboard trees?

STLSF4003

I've come to learn that using speed trees to make a dense forest in trainz is generally not a good idea if you want frame rates not to tank themselves. As such, I been told that if I want to keep my forests realistically thick, I would need to use 2D billboard trees.

Thought it would seem that no one makes those kinds of assets any more and the few fall trees i've found have no shadow and the quality is not all the great...

With that being said, I'm asking y'all if you knowof any good fall/autumn billboard tress, and if not, Do y'all have any advice on how to reduce the graphics of all those Speed trees without making the route look like it's going bald?

The Route in question
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Take a look at the tree objects and splines by Toxa_Batoxa.

He/she has plenty of seasonal trees that may suit your needs. Jankvis is another that comes to mind.

There are also seasonal bushes and grasses as well.

These two come to mind and there may be others on the DLS.

Hope this helps.

Are there any really seasonal 2D trees in terms of automatic changing color in dependence of the season of the year, or those are all just seasonal due to the color other than green?

You might have a look at the Levi & Appalachian by Thai1On. It is a large route full of seasonal trees, and it looks and works great.

Take a look at the tree objects and splines by Toxa_Batoxa.

He/she has plenty of seasonal trees that may suit your needs. Jankvis is another that comes to mind.

There are also seasonal bushes and grasses as well.

These two come to mind and there may be others on the DLS.

Hope this helps.
Having taken a look at and tried Toxa_Batoxa's forest series of assets and splines, I think i've found a winner!
Though a good number of there assets are showing up as faulty sadly.

Having taken a look at and tried Toxa_Batoxa's forest series of assets and splines, I think i've found a winner!
Though a good number of there assets are showing up as faulty sadly.

That's because the config file is referring to an obsolete mesh library. You need to go into the config file and update the mesh library reference.

Back