Background menu sounds

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Hi folks, after some mixed feedback from users, we'd like to get some further feedback from the community on our choice of menu sound for TRS19.

Please reply to the following 5 questions:

1. In TANE we had an "ambient train sounds" piece that played in the menu. In TRS19 there is a music soundtrack. Which soundtrack do you prefer:

A - TANE (train sounds)
B - TRS19 (music)
C - neither

2. Do you have menu sound disabled in TANE?

Yes/No

3. Do you have menu sound disabled in TRS19?
Yes/No

4. Which sounds would you prefer:

A - A new selection of train related sounds
B - A new selection of music soundtracks?
C - Something else

5. Please leave some short comments...

I turned the menu sounds off on both sims. Adding to it, I turn the music off in all my games. It is a distraction I don't need. If I want music I will play some mp3s.

1. C - neither
2. Yes - disabled
3. Yes - disabled
4. Silence
5. I spend a lot of time in Surveyor and prefer to work in silence without distractions and annoying noises.
Thanks for asking!

I turn the sounds off at the menus. I have no interest in neither the train sounds nor the menu Muzak.

So.... It wouldn't matter what you change the menu Muzak to because I wouldn't be listening to it anyway. Don't feel hurt, I do this with all games I play.

Hi Tony,
I have sound off.
Happy for you to add more sounds.
My option would be 'C' - allow us a way to pick our own Background Sound(s).

1 C
2 Yes
3 Yes
4 n/a
5 The sounds of a railway while driving enhance the experience but not while working in Surveyor or just navigating the menus. There is enough noise in my daily life, that I don't need to add to it. If I really need some, I can always play some soothing background music.

1. B
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. B

I often listen to music while working on Trainz content development. It sounds a bit odd when I get Trainz music/whistles over the top of AC/DC. Actually, if its AC/DC then I can hardly hear it. :hehe:

Seriously, a choice of music would be nice. Perhaps a randomise option.

1. B
2. Yes
3. No - the music is relaxing and pleasant :)
4. C - possibly an option in settings to choose either A, b, combo or none for sound in menus.

5. Does not bother me what ever ends up being chosen for the menus - as long as it is not rap :eek:

1.B
2.No
3.No
4. I like both, the music is a nice change, but I do miss the sounds of TANE and other versions.
5. I think an option for both would be the best option. That way you can keep all groups happy.

1 C - neither
2 Yes
3 Yes
4 --
5 ... there is enough noise in my head ...
the normal sound of train, traffic, troubles like in real (game)world i can handle,
because i can manage the soundlevel and select the musictaste (blues) in my own machine ...

1. B
2. Yes, very annoying sound
3. No, I like the piano
4. C Actually, TS2019 is the ONLY game where I have the menu piano sound enabled. All other games the sound is the first thing that goes. Did you ever try to play Far Cry with their awful music playing? YUK!!

In American Truck Simulator (and European Truck Sim, too) they have the option to turn on a radio and play whatever music you desire. In trainz, maybe we could have the option to go on a Railroad Radio band and listen to the chatter while we run our sessions. Just a thought.

1. Neither

2. Yes

3. Can't afford 2019 yet.

4. Nothing

5. It doesn't matter what you choose to put on, as long as there is an on/off switch.

Don't have sound turned on for menus in either TANE or TRS2019.

I'm only interested in sounds while running trains.
I'm with him, BUT while I have your attention any chance we can go back to a version where the splash screen loads up different Hint Type screens whilst waiting for either Routes to load or initial menu to load I'm kinda over looking at the rocky mountaineer I'd much rather see a screen with Surveyor hint's and Tips pop up whilst waiting.
Cheers Mick.

1. C

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. B possibly

5. I spend most of my time in Surveyor and generally want to work in complete silence. Music that repeats every minute or so is torture. Occasionally, when in the mood, I will place a Sound Post near where I am working which has been programmed with long tracks from my own music collection.

Mike

1. B

2. Yes

3. No

4. B

5. All of 1,2,3,4 options only into the Menu background, into Surveryor complete silence, please.

Regards

Manuel

1. Neither
2. Disabled (TANE & TRS19)
3. Disabled (TANE & TRS19)
4. Whatever N3V prefers - as long as we still have the option to disable.

IMHO the only sounds that should be in any game are the actual game sounds, and nothing else. Menu sounds serve no purpose that I can think of.

1. B
2. No
3. No
4. B
5. I generally like both the train sounds and music, however because they are repetitive, I turn them down if i'm working on Content Manager. However, I do like silence when I'm editing in Surveyor mode, so that I can focus on what I'm doing. If there was a range of 4 or 5 music tracks, I may keep them on indefinitely.

Cheers,
Roy

Back