Schedule Library does not show alll driver commands

pitkin

What a great rule. However, when constructing a new schedule, not all driver commands that are enabled in the session are shown for selection.

Anyone know the reason?

Thanks

Shootin from the hip here. Commands like "Call At", "Drive to/via" require industries or trackmarks to be on the map to wake up the commands. What are the commands that are not showing for you?

Shootin from the hip here. Commands like "Call At", "Drive to/via" require industries or trackmarks to be on the map to wake up the commands. What are the commands that are not showing for you?

The command I want to use is one that I wrote, and have not uploaded yet. But other commands I have written will show up. Also, the Hornz commmand shows up, and it does not depend on any locations.

I think maybe the commands the author uses are cached somewhere, and do not get updated very often?

Last edited:
Hi Pitkin.

What is the build version for your new command asset ? Is it 4.6 or is it 4.5 or lower. I remember I have done some tests with new commands with build version 4.6 that did not appear because TRS2019 requires for commands with build version 4.6 (and probably later) some new UI interface functions to be implemented in the driver commands. If these required functions are not implemented the command is not displayed in the selection menu. Commands with build version 4.5 and lower uses still the same menu interface like before, but can also support the new UI interface functions.

Another question is can you use your new command directly in a driver schedule, or do you have the same problem in a driver schedule than with the schedule library ? In fact does your problem happen only for the schedule library, or does it happen for any schedule (either driver schedule, schedule library, quick portal manager schedules, … ).

Regards.
Pierre.

Good questions! The build is 4.5 . The command list is also shorter in surveyor when using Driver Setup rule (my command does not show up there either).

The command in question does show up and is able to be scheduled in Driver.

It has something to do with operation in Surveyor, apparently. I am going to throw in the "print card" in the command and see what is called in surveyor.

This probably belongs in the Scripting forum, but I don't know how to move it there.

(I also changed the line for needing a driver in the config file from 1 to 0, but that did not seem to matter). I also exited and restarted Trainz in case of a cache issue.
I examined the .gs file for schedulelibrary and it is not obvious to me where he gets the driver command array. He includes World.gs, but I don't see any calls to it.

Thanks

Last edited:
Only moderators/administrators can move threads from memory. In terms of your issue, have you tried turning on the script exceptions feature in Trainz Settings > Developer? You can then have a look for the red bug icon.

Shane

Only moderators/administrators can move threads from memory. In terms of your issue, have you tried turning on the script exceptions feature in Trainz Settings > Developer? You can then have a look for the red bug icon.

Shane

All those settings checked. The debug only shows some tank car problems. The log has nothing of interest.

Threw in a Interface.Log in the command in the addmenuitem area; It does not appear to be called, thus explaining why it is not displayed in ScheduleLibrary.

The command script compiles, but with the GetName() warning only. Plus, it works in Driver mode.

The init() for the command is called.

ArnLib : File arn_lib.gse, Line 79, ER_Timeout does show up in the red bug window.

Last edited:
Hi.

There is probably in the script an erroneous test somewhere in the AddCommandMenuItem that prevents to add the command to the menu system under surveyor. Take care if there is not a test that the driver character passed as parameter to AddCommandMenuItem has an active train : under surveyor mode a driver character has no active train while in driver mode it has most of the time a linked active train. if you try under surveyor to retrieve the active train it will be null and depending if you test this value or not, it can prevent a command to be added to the commands menu …

If you can either send me your command in a cdp, or only send me the code for your AddCommandMenuItem via PM or email, I will have a look to it to try help finding the problem cause. You can also open a new thread in the scripting forum section and post your AddCommandMenuItem function implementation and there will be certainly a few scripters (we are not so many …) that will try to help.

Regards.
Pierre.

Back