Moving assets from TANE to 2019

mtldrm38

I just transferred a route from TANE to TS19...
After I showed a dozen unknown assets... (built-in Tane)
So I cdp from Tane to TS19 and all are showing faulty?
Is their another method for this issue?
Just dawned on me that they maybe updated with different kuid numbers?

Dave

Last edited:
Built in assets should not, from my reading of the process, be "cdp'ed" from TANE to TRS19. N3V have yet to import all the built-ins from TANE to TRS19. This process will occur through updates via, I believe, automatic DLC updates.

As to what you can do about those faulty TANE assets that you have imported to TRS19, well perhaps others can advise you there but I would suspect that you may have to remove them (but please do not take my word on this).

mtldrm38 - Built-ins from T:ANE cannot be imported directly into TRS19.
You'll need to wait 'til N3V makes them available in the new build as they have promised to do. (Most have already been transferred).
Suggest check to see if a better alternative is available in TRS19.
In many cases, substitutes look and perform better in any event.

To check for new versions in Content Manager, select the built-in asset and Right-Click to View Asset Versions. If there's a later version available for download, it should appear in your list.

Thanks on the replies and strangely enough I got 6 that I did a list asset versions., deleted the updated and redownloaded a earlier version and they work?
still have a dozen unknowns mostly textures but a few structures that I commonly use so the wait begins again...
Dave =)

I just transferred a route from TANE to TS19...
After I showed a dozen unknown assets... (built-in Tane)
So I cdp from Tane to TS19 and all are showing faulty?
Is their another method for this issue?
Just dawned on me that they maybe updated with different kuid numbers?

Dave

There is another method. I’ve recently transferred hundreds of TANE built-ins to TRS2019 as described below, but enter at your own risk.

The process is to first open the assets for edit in TANE content manager, which puts them into the TANE\Userdata\editing folder.

Convert all .texture files to .TGA and .texture.txt files using PEVSoft’s utility, Images2TGA. If you don’t do this, you will get VE65 errors when you import the assets into TRS2019. The error message is “missing texture.txt file for texture resource xxxxx”.

Select and drag the asset folders from the TANE\Userdata\editing folder onto TRS2019’s content manager window. This copies and imports them into TRS2019. The TANE\Userdata\editing folder will still have opened/modified assets in it, so submit them back to TANE. Their status will now be listed as “modified”.

In TRS2019’s content manager, find the newly imported assets, check and fix any faulty ones. If you’ve done the import correctly there should not be too many faulties.

* Practice the process on just one or two assets first. If you get into trouble, you can revert them to original and try again.

* Also if you are doing large numbers of assets, using Images2TGA on one file at a time is hopelessly time-consuming. Shane Turner has recently written a batch file that automates the conversion process. Look for a forum thread called “A batch file for Images2TGA”, there’s some useful discussion about it and a download link to the batch file in one of Shane’s posts (post #5).

Last edited:
Back