British Transport Police rogue's gallery.

robd

Don't know if this has been posted before now but I've found it quite interesting:

http://www.btp.police.uk/about_us/our_history/crime_history/visit_our_rogues_gallery.aspx

These are mugshots of persons who have carried out minor/trivial misdemeanors in British railways past. The individuals depicted are probably long gone by now!

Some of the punishments seem to be quite harsh e.g. one months hard labour for stealing a dead rabbit! I bet the gentleman in question never stole a dead rabbit again!

Any familiar faces?

If the mods think this an unsuitable subject for this forum please feel free to remove/relocate this post!

Rob.

Interesting there ribd!

Unfortunately even if I drift a little but still on the British Transport Police unfortunately up here north of the Border our emotional political masters are going to get rid of the Scottish branch of it and absorb into the messed up merged police force. At least down south things are okay. :n:

reminds me of the prison carriages the railway police have in India.

Here's a police station with a difference:

railway-police.jpg

In passing I am sure that the push to take over the British transport Police and merge into the local is basically a less than subtle move by the folk presently in power at Edinburgh. Elsewhere in England, Wales the BTP will continue. Not sure but don't think they operate in NI.

Back