Any East German DDR routes that you reccommend?

Ardaeshir

I recently found quite a bit of interesting East German rolling stock and some engines I'd like to try out. Thing is, I couldn't find a route to go with them.

I'm not a German speaker - as such any help would be appreciated.

Ostalgie II (by Thul) and Berliner Stadtbahn (by Ulme) are both DDR era routes available on the DLS .

Ostalgie II is a Trainz 2004 route so the scenery is a bit dated but it's a huge route with many different lines to explore , plus some lines are electrified and fitted with the correct style of DR grey painted Catenary .
I've just tried installing it into Tane and the route opened in the game with no problems other than the semaphore distant signals on my install are faulty due to a script error .

***Note both routes require third party dependencies that are not on the DLS (sadly I'm still missing a few from Berliner Stadtbahn) ***

Ostalgie requires a lot of KlausM dependencies but I think most if not all of them can be found on his old website :
http://www.malorny.de/vrails/dl-trainz.jsp

There are other Ostalgie II routes on the DLS marked up as (Epoche 5) these are modified versions of the route set after the reunification of Germany in the DB(AG) era with modern signals , Track work , Catenary and scenery .

A good example of German (DE) routes available on the Trainz downloads as freeware would be:
Bad Schandau - Decin on the eastern borders.
PT Dresden - Nuernberg Demo eastern Germany.
Both are very good layouts to play around with.

Have you looked at Niddertalbahn?

Not strictly DDR but you can peretend :)

This was the first thing that crossed my mind before I opened this thread. It's a decent line, however the line does feel very western. I tried it and then I realized it feels less DDR than some of the 70s themed Polish and Czech maps I have ("Projekt Sudety" and "Trutnov-Zacler": to be specific).

Back