Trainz Plus Update 3 Beta 103443 (PC)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Hot on the heels of the Trainz Plus Update 2, we're now ready to begin external testing on Update 3. This update focuses on improvements to the management of your DLC packages with a new "Content Store" downloader that replaces the in-game UI.

You can now browse all DLC items and choose which items you want to install, uninstall, purchase or update. The current implementation uses the "multi-part" packages but also supports a new "one-part" download that will eliminate the "partial install" problems.

Features:

Content Store Downloader

• View all available DLC items
  • View current status (Installed, Owned but not installed, Available to purchase)
  • View details of DLC packages including description, build version, ID (SKU/Resource ID)
  • Filter by Owned or Update Available
  • Purchase new DLC from Trainz Store
  • Install and uninstall DLC packages
  • Search DLC lists

NOTE: If you exit with incomplete tasks, they will restart when you next start Trainz.

Brief Notification window

• A new message popup to advise players of certain actions (e.g. camera mode changes)

Optimisations:

• Improve texture streaming performance
  • Optimisation for small thumbnails

Other Changes:

• Surveyor "toggle" now replaced with Driver Mode and Surveyor Mode options
  • Various content and bugfixes

Known issues:

• Score/clock not displaying
  • Ctrl modifier for FOV requires a new key binding to be set in Control Settings
  • Screen capture menu option not working in Driver (hotkey works)
  • Brescia - Pisogne - player cannot gain control of train
  • Toggling full screen breaks Driver HUD layout (resizing fixes it)

Happy bug hunting and please let us know what you think of the new system.

For Gold Class customers, If you want to download new DLC items, visit MyTrainz > MyMemberships and select any items you haven't yet selected. (You can always uninstall unwanted items again later).

Last edited:
Trainz freezes up that I have to crash it in order to get it back working

V1ng5EO.jpg

I shouldn't have to wait for the DLC manager to install the DLCs. I didn't had to wait for the in-game downloader to finish installing in order to get do a different thing, so same rule should apply here

Cheers

Last edited:
Content Store Downloader shows "Install" button for already installed:

• routes

Appen
Bea-Dawe Model Railway
Brazemore Yard
Franklin Avenue Industrial
Japan - Model Trainz
Port Zyd & Fulazturn Railroad - Model Trainz
TRS19 - The Shortz & Kerl Traction Railroad - Model Trainz Layout

• locomotives

GT GP9 black
GT GP9 blue

• misc.

TRS19 Content Fix

and doesn't recognize DLCs bought directly from creator showing a purchase button for them.

I clicked the "Update" button for "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19". That's how it ended:

LDk88.jpg

I clicked the "Update" button for "Trainz Route: Coal Country". That's how it ended:

vKwo9.jpg

Likewise items already installed have an install button.

Tried Uninstall on the Tane Niddertalbahn, appeared to Uninstall, however still showing as installed in Game and CM.

Then tried uninstalling Balezino Mosti, appeared to work however still showing the Uninstall button and hasn't gone anywhere.

So lets try a Database Rebuild see if that registers any changes? Nope that did nothing.

So far, looks good, doesn't appear to be working though.

Odd, Hud is present and correct here, could be as I've done a couple of database repairs re the non working Downloader?

Where is the HUD? No trace in any route, any loco. Unplayable!

As per the first post in this thread: "Toggling full screen breaks Driver HUD layout (resizing fixes it)"

Specifically, certain combinations of screen resolution and UI scale don't work properly. Reduce your window size or decrease the UI scale until the bug is fixed.

chris

As per the first post in this thread: "Toggling full screen breaks Driver HUD layout (resizing fixes it)"

HUD had vanished without I ever toggle full screen: the game starts full screen, and I never toggle windowed/full.

Specifically, certain combinations of screen resolution and UI scale don't work properly.

Why did they always work properly... til this particular update?

HUD had vanished without I ever toggle full screen: the game starts full screen, and I never toggle windowed/full.

The wording's not exactly clear, but yes, your game is "toggled" into full screen. It's the resolution that matters, not how you get there.

Why did they always work properly... til this particular update?

UI code was changed. A mistake was made somewhere along the way. It was missed in initial testing because it only happens at certain combinations of scale and resolution. It was picked up internally prior to this beta release, but was not considered worth delaying testing over.

chris

For Gold Class customers, If you want to download new DLC items, visit MyTrainz > MyMemberships and select any items you haven't yet selected. (You can always uninstall unwanted items again later).

The uninstalled items can be redownloaded and reinstalled at any time, right?

Okay, so I gave the DLC manager test #2

Everything seems to be working perfectly. I really like this feature, as it makes managing the DLCs x10 better than having to remember ID's, and then having to delete, DB, get the downloader, etc etc etc.

The uninstall worked for me, and its not showing up in CM, and in-game

The big thing I see is, it doesn't always delete all of the packages. Shortline Railroad for example is ID sc433, and after uninstalling it, it left sc433f_0 and sc433f_1 on my system.

Other than that, I like it :D

Cheers

What I have seen so far, when editing in Surveyor and saving, then when you exit Surveyor I get a CTD. This was on my personal route, and I will investigate further in other routes I can edit to see if this prevails.

I have been trying to remove some of the packages from the DLC. One issue so far I have encountered.

On the "Additional TANE Assets for TR19" file the status was "Update" So I tried to update. The download and install took several minutes. When it finished I had an error message that read "One or more packages were at an unexpected Build Version"

This content store downloader has a lot of potential. I think I have found a downside to it - maybe.

When I delete one of the routes/sessions it also I think deletes some of the payware assets. I say this because I deleted several of the DLS content and I find that several of my routes/sessions now faulty because several of the assets are payware not active. I guess what happened is that I used some of the assets from several of the DLC routes in mine, but once I delete these the effects ripple through my routes.

Is this actually what happens? Because once I restored the DLS routes my routes/sessions were all OK again and showed no faults.

I have the CNW GE C40-8. I it got cause of having a Gold Membership. It saids in content Manager that it is Not Installed payware however on the trainz content store is saids that it is install. I have uninstalled it and reinstall using the Trainz Content Store

After I uninstalled a few things, I exited out of the launcher, and I get a message saying "Trainz is installing content and will shut down when finished. This may take a few minutes..." It's been at least 5 minutes, and the message is still up! Doesn't seem to be doing anything...

Back