where are created tracks stored?

autodctr

So, I ordered a new graphics card (RX 580 8G) and installed in the PC. Pressed power button. Card was defective and fried motherboard and chip. (sniff, sniff). New machine ordered. I need to know where Trainz stores the layouts that I have created so that I will be able to copy them to my new machine. I have looked everywhere and cannot find them.

As mentioned in http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Moving_Content
[h=2]Windows[/h]In Windows, the local data folder is stored by default at a subfolder of "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\TANE" (where "<username>" is the username of the logged-in Windows user account.)
You may access this location in Windows Explorer by entering the path "%appdata%\..\Local\N3V Games\TANE" into the Window Explorer address bar. At this location you will see one or more local data folders, corresponding with your various Trainz installations. The name of each folder here includes a random character string which has no meaning but simply allows for multiple installs to coexist without overwriting each other's data files.
You will also find a text file at this location named "userdata-redirect-map.txt" which lists the correlation between each Trainz installation and its local data folder. While it is possible to hand-edit this file using a program such as WordPad.exe, it is not recommended due to the potential for data loss.
More details at the Wiki link given above.

All of the data on the old disk from the location shown.
The TANE directory at the default location is YOUR data aka layouts, downloads etc (assuming you just used the defaults when you installed TANE onto your old machine)

Ahhh.....now that makes sense. So, after instaiing Trainz on new machine, I just replace everything in the TAIN directory and all should be good?

Ahhh.....now that makes sense. So, after instaiing Trainz on new machine, I just replace everything in the TAIN directory and all should be good?

1) Copy your data to a safe place.
2) Install new copy of T:ANE on new system.
3) Copy your backed up data to your hard drive.

Recommended: Rename the folder to TANE_DATA.

4) Start up T:ANE
5) At the Launcher, click on settings
6) Click on Install tab
7) Click on the … at the bottom of the long path window.
8) Browse for your TANE_DATA folder.
9) Click on Open.
10) Close window.

---- Database repair will run ----

11) Close Launcher when prompted.

12) Restart.
13) Go into settings (again)
14) Check username, password, etc. All should still be there from original database backup.

If all there, you are good to go and nothing has been lost.

That should be it. I'm going from memory of what the buttons look like since I'm not at my Trainzing computer. Hopefully this helps.

Following Jon's instructions will do the trick.
It is a good idea to have your TANE data in an separate folder not on the default path as it is easier to remember where it is in future. I have mine stored at D:\TANE_STUFF so easy to find and I also keep it on a separate disk to stop it filling up my boot SSD.

Well, that did not work. Got absolutely nothing. I would really love to have one layout back if someone else has another idea.

Back