Trainz 19 buying options

PerRock

Moderator - Read the CoC!
So there are fairly regular questions on the Discord about what version of 19 comes with what, etc. I just want to run this passed folks to make sure I am understanding things correctly.

Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019Trainz Plus
Silver ClassGold ClassPlatinum Edition
Platinum Bundle
Regional: NA | UK | EU
Purchase TypeStandaloneSubscriptionSubscription
SubscriptionStandaloneTANE UpgradeStandalone
Base Game
Base Content
Service Packs?
TANE$
New Content?
DLC Early Access
All DLC$
(all released?)
Specific DLC$
(✔)
(✔)
(✔)
Special Content

Current Cost (no discount)
$70
$8\month
$10\month
$15\month
$285
$279
$40
Additional Requirements
None
None
None
None
None
TANE
None

(✔) means that some included content is available as standalone DLC.
$ means that you can purchase as a standalone at an additional cost.
? are a possibility, I'm not sure of.

Does that seem right?

peter

I am not "Discord" and do not have Trainz Plus or Gold but why do you have a TANE row in the table for TRS19 products?

The Platinum Edition does not have free access to all DLC.

For those of us who don't want to go the 'rent-a-sim' route, but would like to try the new Platinum features, have the issue of ending up with yet more DLC we don't want. And also does the new DLC turn yet more freeware into payware? The Regional Editions are the best bet for keeping unwanted DLC to a minimum, but then if you're route builder you have the nightmare of negotiating what is payware and what is not in order to actually come up with something that TS2019 owners/renters can download and use without filling up the forum with yet more posts about missing dependencies and faulty asset messages. For me the choice is far too difficult to make and has too many unknowns so my money is staying in my wallet.

...if you're route builder you have the nightmare of negotiating what is payware and what is not in order to actually come up with something that TS2019 owners/renters can download and use without filling up the forum with yet more posts about missing dependencies and faulty asset messages.

My formula has always been to :-

1. list all the dependencies of a route and/or session that I am going to upload to the DLS
  2. replace any assets that are marked as "Payware" with DLS or built-in content.

For me the choice is far too difficult to make and has too many unknowns so my money is staying in my wallet.​

This is one of the reasons you can try Trainz Plus membership free for a month right now (just log in to MyTrainz - there's a code TRAINZPLUSFREE that will get you the discount).

The current version will be 105100, and in a few days from now you'll get the latest Trainz Plus update with bulk replace tools etc.

And if I decide 'No' after one month what happens to my TS2019 install once Plus is switched off? I do have my data folder backed up so if the worst come to the worst I can put everything back how it was, but it would be annoying if switching off Plus ends up breaking things.

I am certain that TRS19 SP1 and Trainz Plus are separate installs with separate user data folders. That is certainly the case with TRS19 SP1 and TRS19 Platinum as I have both installed and running on both of my systems. If you decide to leave Plus after the one month trial then you will lose access to the DLC downloads that came with Plus and any work you have created using Plus - your TRS19 SP1 data will not be affected. If later (months, a ear later) you decide to take up the Plus subscription then all of that will be returned to you. It is the same with Gold and Silver subscriptions for TRS19.

My opinions based on reading the many threads about "what happens if I stop my subscription?"

I couldn't see the box for the discount code to be entered in so I just went for the paid monthly Plus option. If I don't like it I can just cancel, if I do like it I'll keep it. And if I do keep it Trainz folk can look out their windows and see pigs in flight because Luddite Annie finally caved in and upgraded her Tinware TS2019 install with a 'rent-a-sim' option.

... because Luddite Annie finally caved in and upgraded her Tinware TS2019 install with a 'rent-a-sim' option.

Yes, the marketing department at N3V are very, very clever and they can breakdown even the most obstinate of customers.

Yes, the marketing department at N3V are very, very clever and they can breakdown even the most obstinate of customers.
The thing is I have always wanted to like TS2019. When it was first released I purchased it and had myself a little hissy fit over the lighting, but once I got the hang of that I was absolutely entranced and delighted by TS2019 and converted a few of my old favourite routes to TS2019. Then all the problems started with freeware becoming payware, then upgrades and things getting broken and becoming faulty overnight so I turned my back on TS2019 and went back to TS2012 and sulked.
I will give Plus a fair go and I might even move the (UK) Midland & Great Northern Railway route I'm presently working on over to TS2019 as a test case to see if I can get on with TS2019 as a serious route building option. As they say, 'Watch this space.....'

I am not "Discord" and do not have Trainz Plus or Gold but why do you have a TANE row in the table for TRS19 products?

The Platinum Edition does not have free access to all DLC.

Because according to the table in MyTrainz, Plus & Gold come with TANE as well... I could be misreading that table however, hence why I'm asking. N3V has one of the most confusing buying options list I've ever seen.

See this list of features then post any questions. http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Basic decision is:
- Do I want to OWN or am I willing to "rent" (monthly subscription.)
- Are FEATURES important or MORE CONTENT?
- Do I what FEATURES -and- CONENT?
- Do I want beta and early preview content.?

Actually that's a good point, there really isn't an option for someone who wants features over content. If you want all the features, you need to have PE or a subscription; however all of those are the options if you want more content. Your best option for more features-less content is to go for the Plus subscription... which is only an option if you want to rent.

peter

Because according to the table in MyTrainz, Plus & Gold come with TANE as well... I could be misreading that table however, hence why I'm asking. N3V has one of the most confusing buying options list I've ever seen.

That is correct. If you have Gold you can download and install Tane. My copy updated to SP4 105766.

Back