Why is my TS19 CM so slow

Lack of disk space,
Never defragged the drive
Failing hard drive
Slow hard drive
Antivirus having a field day.

I have noticed that the more you open, edit and submit assets, or import content files, the slower CM starts to run. My solution is whenever I notice the slowdown becoming significant I run a DBR while I perform other duties - wash the dishes, pat the cat, load the washing machine, walk around the garden.

When the DBR has finished, CM is back to its optimal best.

When is the last time you fed the little hamster on the treadmill. Like forgetting to backup many people forget to feed that little hamster. Don't startle him too much when you take your PC covers off. Oh, wait. Startled? That might make Trainz run really fast!

Sounds like something else is fighting over access to the file - AV software perhaps?

Create a fresh local data folder, edit one item, time the edit.
Switch back to your current db, do a db repair, edit the asset and time that.
What difference is there?
Also, which TRS19 build?

My CM wont download dependencies. Very frustrating, it keeps telling me the connection was lost.

My CM wont download dependencies. Very frustrating, it keeps telling me the connection was lost.
If you haven't already done it, try clearing user and password from internet tab on the launcher. Close all TRS19 windows and reopen and enter details again then try downloading. Your missing deps will be milking sheds and new textures.
cheers
Graeme

Hi Graeme

I've tried all of that, its simply refusing to download anything. Keeps telling me the connection is lost when it isnt.

To rule out your main internet, you could try an alternative. Run a usb cable between pc and phone and try mobile data connection. Really grasping at straws now.....
cheers
Graeme

Defragged my PC, and defragged my external hard drives, did Malware scan, etc, etc, and every so often my whole TS19 installation loses all assets, including (my) installed assets, requiring a DBR, (which does nothing), then I have to go into my "BackUps" and re-import them, then all my "stuff" magically comes back.

What is, where is the "EDBR", as I have only found the "DBR"

Why do all my assets suddenly "Go Away" in the first place ? ? ?

What a strange beast TS19 is, this kind of stuff never, ever, happens in TRS2006 :p

This doesn't make sense. If you lost your data due to a defrag, then there's something seriously wrong with the hard drive. (Either that or you're pulling a usual stir up).

To access an EDBR, use the same process and press CTRL-key at the same time when clicking on Rebuild database.

IF TRS19 is installed on the part of a disk that has bad sectors that are increasing that would explain the problems.

It is probably still too early to be really sure but since I took Tony's advice and added the TRS19.EXE program to my AV real time exclusion list I have not (yet) noticed the slowdown that normally occurs when I use CM for committing assets and importing content files over a period of time. This is for both SP1 and Platinum.

Almost certainly a 3rd party program is affecting things. Try turning everything else off (not always easy mind you) to see if that solves the problem.

Back