Sharing personal reskins of JR products

tappetheadz

Hey all, a few years ago i was playing alot with paintshop pro and have come up with some interesting reskins of both rollingstock and locos that i wouldnt mind sharing with the community, both fictional and real. How do i go about geting permissions to release this content? I'd love to have this put on the JR website aswell as i feel ive kept a decent job at these.

Thanks for reading guys and keep train-ing on :)

If you do not receive explicit permission from JR ... You can NEVER release them, nor NEVER share them with others ... If you do ... You could be sued in court

Last edited:
if it is a payware reskin then you can only share the texture files this means that the person downloading this skin needs to own the payware themselves to actually be able to use the reskin remember only the textures and no mesh files since sharing of the mesh files would be considered piracy
for freeware reskins then go ask the original creator so like if you did a reskin of one of justin cornell's(norfolksouthern37) freeware GP38s you could try emailing him or PMing him asking for permission

Check the config of the items in question. A lot of times the terms along with contact info are right there. I think , but not 100% positive is that reskins of JR products are to be hosted only at JR, after being approved.

Back