How do I repackage the ja file

Welcome to the forums.

More information is required - what version are you trying to do it with and what content? From memory only Trainz patches can alter the JA files.

Shane

Welcome to the forums.

What are you trying to achieve? You might be looking at a way to complex solution for your actual problem.

I would also strongly advise you to register your game to your account (as this very likely has nothing to do with the Android version of the game). A lot people will ignore your questions if you don't have a (relevant) version of the game registered to your account. To do so, go here:
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/SN_Enter_Serialnumber.php

When the source of your question is know, I will move this topic to the related forum. I want to ask you to post future questions in the related forum.

How do I repackage my files back to ja files???

A .ja file can only be installed into TS2012 49922 or below. You can't alter a .ja file. (increase or decrease it size, etc). You can't use a .ja file, unless you have the 25 digit serial number of the .ja file you are trying to use. Eg; Serial number for; murchison.ja - snc.ja, - carbon_city.ja - dlc-o1.ja, etc... Forget .ja files unless you have their serial numbers...

.ja files are copied into the Builtin directory. Serial numbers then need to be added in "Options" - "CD Key" - "Add"

You can't repackage a .ja file. Your .ja file/s can't be zipped or unzipped like a normal zipped or a winrar file. Put simply, .ja files are only read/write files in Trainz and don't get installed like .cdp files...

Normally, I don't respond to threads where there's no "registered version of Trainz" listed, but in your case, at-least you have a Android version registered.

Cheers, Mac...

I unzipped the ja file and I wanted to import the plug-in car into ja, but I couldn't repackage it:'(

I have studied this file for a long time. thank you very much:)

I can replace the files in the file, but can't delete and add, I will continue to study hard:困惑:

Last edited by a moderator:
As I've already said, it's usually only the Trainz patcher that can modify .ja files.

What exactly are you trying to do that involves .JA files? Is it not possible to do it using Content Manager with the individual assets listed there?

Shane

Till it makes sense to us what you are trying to achieve (and why), this just looks like you are trying to hack the game.
But start with getting your game registered to your account.

The more I think about it, the more "fisher" things are sounding.

Possibly a better question to ask the OP is where did you get the .ja file from. What .ja file is it your trying to alter/REPACKAGE?

It has been years since you could purchase payware that came on a CD, that you could install as "Stand-A-Lone", then copy the .ja file off the stand-a-lone installation. Eg; Murchison 2, S&C, Carbon City, etc. A lot of trainzers installed the CD payware routes as "Stand-A- Lone's" then copied the .ja file from there, into 06, 09, 10, or 12 "Builtin" directory. Then added the serial number...

As I mentioned above, the only way you are going to be able to install a payware .ja file into Trainz is having a version of TS2012 49922 or under and having the correct serial number for the payware.

Why would you want to try an "Import" a plug-in car into a .ja file. That just doesn't make any sense at all!!! No Trainzers ever touches the "Builtin" folders .ja files that come built-in in 09, 10 & 12. They where designed not to be tampered with...
Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
In a ja. file, one can change the size of snowflakes and stars, change the color of the blinding yellow compass or make it invisible, make the hovering derailed "X" invisible, make the train heading arrows smaller ... etc ... etc ... somethings that should be able to do by all users

Back