Trackview rule

billm001

I can not get the original Trackview Rule by Klaus Malorny to work in 2019 platinum. I see some one updated a version to work in 22 plus... but that one will not work in 2019
Does anyone have any insights please?

Thank you!

I simply deleted the "default" container that Content Manager complained was invalid and it seemed to work fine in TRS19.

I downloaded it off klaus' site.

Its possible something broke when I did that, since I'd never seen it in use before, but it seemed to work ok.

How did you fix it? (As in "should I get this version and get rid of the one I have?")

Like I said, I dont know exactly all the things it should be doing, so if its not crashing it may not be 100% and I wouldn't know.

Thanks for your repaired file. The window comes up in the session but it completely blank of route info. I can move its size and position, etc as those buttons are there and operational - its just not reading any info from the route.

Do you have any insight that can help me please?

Bill

What s the kuid number of that TRS22Plus version?

I can not get the original Trackview Rule by Klaus Malorny to work in 2019 platinum. I see some one updated a version to work in 22 plus... but that one will not work in 2019
Does anyone have any insights please?

Thank you!

<kuid2:39730:61000:2> TrackView Rule

This version works in TRS2019 Sp 5 Build 117009

As specified earlier , there is a container marked "default" that has to be deleted.

<kuid2:39730:61000:2> TrackView Rule

This version works in TRS2019 Sp 5 Build 117009

As specified earlier , there is a container marked "default" that has to be deleted.

Thank you and forgive my ignorance - but where do I go to delete the container?

Is it an edit in the code?

Bill

Thank you and forgive my ignorance - but where do I go to delete the container?

Is it an edit in the code?

Bill

Right click on the asset in Content Manager.
Choose Open...
Choose Edit Config file text...

Your text-editor will open up - usually Notepad on the PC.

Look for the container that has default in it.

A container has a { and a } with text in it. There will be lots of them, so look for this one in particular. Unfortunately, I repaired my installed version ages ago and don't have the exact line to show you. Perhaps someone else can help with that.

Delete that container.

Save the text.
Close Notepad.

Back in Content Manager - right click on the asset and choose Submit to close the asset again.

Right click on the asset in Content Manager.
Choose Open...
Choose Edit Config file text...

Your text-editor will open up - usually Notepad on the PC.

Look for the container that has default in it.

A container has a { and a } with text in it. There will be lots of them, so look for this one in particular. Unfortunately, I repaired my installed version ages ago and don't have the exact line to show you. Perhaps someone else can help with that.

Delete that container.

Save the text.
Close Notepad.

Back in Content Manager - right click on the asset and choose Submit to close the asset again.

I thank you for helping me and guiding one step at a time.

I downloaded this <kuid2:39730:61000:2> from https://kuid.trainz-mp.ru/index.php?kuid=00009b320000ee4802

I opened up the config text file and honestly do not see the word "default" any where in the code.

Perhaps I am starting with the incorrect download cdp to begin with?

Bill

Back