Modified, Payware (not active)

pepperref

I created a few modified Coal Country routes over the last few years and my modified routes recently showed up in CM as 'Modified, Payware (not active)'. I've spent months modifying this route with new track arrangements and industries and even started playing around with recording videos for Youtube.

Now the routes are no longer available to operate in game.

I've found responses to questions for other versions of 'Payware (not active)', but not for 'Modified, Payware (not active)'.

So far I've tried the DB repair and 'Revert to Original', with no success.

This is what I get when I check for errors. 100505 & 100506 are both version 4.7 when I check their config files, however, they were probably originally created in 4.6. I don't know if that is a contributing factor. Did the SP3 patch do this?

view_media_post

view_media_post

Modified%2C-Payware-%28not-active%29-message.jpg

Has anyone had and resolved this type of Payware issue?

Thanks in advance,

Hank

If you do open for edit,
then edit the config, search for a "privileges" container
try what happens if you remove it all , so privileges { till }
hope it works for you
greetings GM

If you do open for edit,
then edit the config, search for a "privileges" container
try what happens if you remove it all , so privileges { till }
hope it works for you
greetings GM

I tried that on a lesser modified version that I was willing to experiment on. It resulted in a route I could open, but the route consisted of only sky and no baseboards. It gave the impression of flying an airplane over cloud cover.

I did notice that the version of Coal Country listed in the config file was ':13'. I changed it to the latest Built-in version ':16' and I was able to drive the session, but the session did not include the modifications I made.

I would check that your account is in fact logged in. These are payware routes that require a login in to My Trainz account in order to be available. If you haven't logged in in 30-days, then your content will become inactive.

If you are logged in, remove your username and password and reenter them again in your Launcher settings ---- >internet tab.

If all else fails, you need to remove the package and download it again.

How to remove packages:

1) You can find this by opening up settings on the Launcher and viewing the install path.

2) Jot this down.

3) Close the Launcher for now.

4) Using File Explorer, navigate to the folder where your content is located.

If you are using the default settings, the folder will be located in C:/users/user-name/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build something.

user-name = your login name.

build something = build followed by some sequence. My test version has a folder setup as build vfymnxwu1, for example.

5) Open up the Packages folder.

6) Look for SC444

There are most likely other SC444 folders such as SC444a, SC444b, etc.

7) Delete these folders.

8) Start up the Launcher,

9) Run a database repair.

10) Download the package again. You may have to click on File then download purchased products.

Since your route is based on a DLC route, it should not be affected by this. Once the parent route is downloaded and installed again, you should be all set.

If you are concerned about losing your route, you can back it up to a CDP prior to running this procedure using Content Manager.

I don't have any packages between sc440s and sc450 in my packages folder. Is it under another name in my Content Store?

I don't have any packages between sc440s and sc450 in my packages folder. Is it under another name in my Content Store?

Okay, but that should be it according the list posted on the WIki.

Help:In-game Downloading - TrainzOnline (ts2009.com)

If you are using Plus with the content store, you can uninstall the route right within the content store. The process will sit there for quite a long time while your hard disk churns away without a progress bar doing much of anything. Let it do its thing, defrag your hard disk afterwards (close down TRS19 first), and then start up, run a DBR and then reinstall.

I had a problem with N3V's coal country DLC (not JR's payware) when SP3 came out. I hadn't dl'd the update for coal country (':16') that recently had become available. I had TRS19 SP1 and SP2 installed and both had the old version of coal country on them. When I updated the SP2 version to the beta stream for SP3 I found I couldn't access coal country (':15') any more. It showed up as 'Payware (not active)' and my clones as 'Modified, Payware (not active). But the same version (':15') and clones of it still worked fine on my TRS19 SP1 (and still do now).

When I updated to latest version of coal country (':16') it showed up as active on the TRS19 SP3 beta and I was able to load it and my clones into survivor and driver. It's like they forced me to update to the latest version of coal country to get it to work in SP3.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
I suspect the OP has updated his copy of Coal Country to the latest version and rendered his clones of the original inoperable
cheers
Graeme

This is an interesting one. Our system provides "historical" KUIDs for updated payware content to avoid the problem described.

The suspect problem arises when an updated version is released for 480, and you update your build but not your content. The new content isn't compatible with 460, so we can't enable it for the older build, and once you update your install to the newer build, it decides that you should have the 480 version installed.

We'll check it out to see if or what can be done, but in theory, since there was an update released, that version has fixed various issues in the older version and so you should update it.

Grazlash and Tony, it sounds like you nailed the explanation of what happened to my cloned routes.

If I can update my build but not my content, how would I go about updating my content to match the new build?

Regards,

Hank

Grazlash and Tony, it sounds like you nailed the explanation of what happened to my cloned routes.

If I can update my build but not my content, how would I go about updating my content to match the new build?

Regards,

Hank
You can update any DLC payware through the content store. Any other assets are updated using an 'out of date' filter in CM and then deleting any assets that are 'obsolete and not built in'. For assets other than 'installed from DLS', select a group of them and 'view asset versions' then get any 'available for download'.
Cheers

Graeme

Last edited:
Digging through the config files I noticed that my cloned routes were created using Coal Country kuid version ending ':13'. The latest version is ':16' and it is listed as Built-in in my CM. Is Coal Country really a Built-in asset? I can't load any previous version because they are not on the DLC.

Thanks for any replies,

Hank

Back