Southside Neighborhood Spline 1

UnumProvident155

SP 4449 fan
I have Southside Neighborhood Spline 1 installed on TANE & TRS19
but that asset that is from the DLS is missing
shingles20.bmp which is one of the required textures but was not included

Open the asset for editing.

Check if the texture is actually not there. It could be something simple as the texture not being in the proper format. The texture needs to be referenced as the .texture and not the actual .tga file. This is referenced in the config.txt file and it's a simple change by changing the name in the config.txt file from shingles20.bmp to shingles20.texture.

This is another issue too with bmp files.

Ensure that the bmp is in 24-bit format and not anything else and not compressed.

Without seeing the actual error, it is difficult to say exactly what the fix is. It would be helpful if you could copy and paste the error here in the forums along with the KUID for us to investigate. To post an error message, highlight the text in the error, copy it by pressing CTRL+C (or go to the Edit menu and choose Copy), and then paste the error here in the forums.

Last edited:
This is one of a series of similar assets created by David Drake - a bit old and dated now, but nevertheless I suspect used in a great many routes including some of my own as middle distance and background filler. Seems rather odd that it would be missing a texture after all this time, unless N3V have done something with the code in TRS2019 that borks the asset(s).

Looking at Southside Neighborhood Spline 1 in TS12 49922 shows a white roof where shingles20.bmp should be. I suspect that somewhere along the line N3V changed the default missing texture from white to checkerboard and this is what is making the roof stand out now. If you want to fix it for yourself then just copy any other roof texture and rename the copy. If you want fixed it on the DLS contact the Content Repair Group.

Tract_Home_Neighborhood_3A,<kuid2:439337:100812:1> is based on one of David Drake's asset, and possibly has the missing texture (shingles20.bmp and shingles20.texture.txt).

Peter

Has anyone contacted David Drake (assuming he is still active) to see if he can update the faulty asset?

Back