New Baseboard Fascias and Room Furniture

euromodeller

Imagineer
Euromodeller's Baseboard Fascias and Room Furniture

I have just made my first uploads to the DLS!

I have made 2 announcements in the freeware thread..

Baseboard Fascia Splines, originals by ish6 and philskene.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...reeware-Model-Trainz-baseboard-fascia-splines

Trainz Room Furniture, originals by Ray Whiley (DDD)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...modeller-Freeware-Model-Trainz-Room-Furniture

Here are some examples..

EMM-MR-Furniture-Group.jpg

EMM-MR-Freestanding-Cupboards.jpg

EMM-MR-Baseboard-Support-Cupboards-a.jpg

Fascia-group.jpg

Demo-old-Timber.jpg

I am grateful to the original creators for allowing the re-paints, you can see the full range in the Freeware Announcement Forum (links are at the start of this post)

I made them for my own use, but thought somebody else mike like them too!

Last edited:
Very nice!

The wall mounted shelves are really nice and will work nicely with a piece of track placed on them as a place to "store" and display consists.

Very nice!

The wall mounted shelves are really nice and will work nicely with a piece of track placed on them as a place to "store" and display consists.

Thanks John, Ray Whiley has already placed invisible track on the shelves!!, it looks like a white stripe, try putting a loco on one :)

John - the track on the shelves is a length of spline track with the config set so that it will update to any attached to it. A possible use is to use a Surveyor Only or invisible track which will enable a rolling stock or locomotive model to be placed on the shelf without (apparent) track - useful for models under construction or waiting to be used. I would also add that the surface of the table and free-standing cupboards is set at Trainz baseboard level so that when the surface of the board is hidden ( I use digholes) any model can also be placed there as of course the base is still there - just not visible. If I remember correctly - and it's some time since I made the originals - the baseboard support cupboards have no top so that the board surface can be used and textured as normal. Of course, the room floor needs to be lowered to suit the table and chair legs, etc.

One use I make of the baseboard edging spline is to finish a gap between cupboards which I can crawl through! (Not really a good idea nowadays in real life at my advanced age.)

Ray

Final additions added to the DLS and on CM soon.

Furniture in Black Ash

Table, chairs and shelf unit

Table%2C-chairs-and-shelf-in-Black-Ash.jpg

Freestanding cupboards

Freestanding-Cupboards-in-Black-Ash.jpg

Baseboard support cupboards

Baseboard-support-cupboards-in-Black-Ash.jpg

Baseboard edge spline

Baseboard-edge-spline-in-black-ash.jpg

and finally the bookcases.

Bookcases-in-Black-Ash.jpg

<kuid:166065:105221> EMM MR Baseboard edge Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105204> EMM MR Bookcase 01 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105205> EMM MR Bookcase 02 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105206> EMM MR Bookcase 03 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105207> EMM MR Bookcase 04 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105217> EMM MR Baseboard Support Cupboard 01 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105218> EMM MR Baseboard Support Cupboard 02 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105220> EMM MR Baseboard Support Cupboard 03 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105219> EMM MR Baseboard Support Cupboard 04 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105224> EMM MR Cupboard 02 Black Ash Freestanding
<kuid:166065:105225> EMM MR Cupboard 01 Black Ash Freestanding
<kuid:166065:105226> EMM MR Cupboard 03 Black Ash Freestanding
<kuid:166065:105227> EMM MR Cupboard 04 Black Ash Freestanding
<kuid:166065:105229> EMM MR Chair Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105230> EMM MR Shelves 01 Black Ash
<kuid:166065:105231> EMM MR Table Black Ash 48 x 30

Thanks again Ray!

Last but not least a pair of Red Luxury baseboard fascias to bling your layout with :)

EMM-MR-Fascia-splines-in-luxury-red.jpg

Demo-of-Luxury-Red-Fascia-splines.jpg

<kuid:166065:105236> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1 grid thick, Red Luxury
<kuid:166065:105237> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1.5 grid thick, Red Luxury

Thanks again to Ish and Phil for creating these fascias !

You've had another peek at a layout to be released soon too :)

I'd better go ang get the layouts finished now that you've had a peek!

Last edited:
Thanks Ray!

There's more...

New-floor-coverings.jpg

All on the DLS and CM.

<kuid:166065:105729> EMM MR Floor Tile Spline Stone 1
<kuid:166065:105719> EMM MR Floor Tile Spline Terracotta 1
<kuid:166065:105721> EMM MR Floor Tile Spline Terracotta 2
<kuid:166065:105725> EMM MR Floor Tile Spline Terracotta 3

That's it for now :)

The surface of the table and free-standing cupboards is set at Trainz baseboard level so that when the surface of the board is hidden ( I use digholes) any model can also be placed there as of course the base is still there - just not visible.

This was certainly the case when these were made and tested. However, I have found today on using the table and cupboards that they are for some unknown reason actually below baseboard surface level. This may be some local glitch and they certainly seem to be correct in the screenshots included in this thread, but if anyone has had problems, please accept my apologies - and let me know by adding a reply! Thank you.

Ray

Sorry - I was wrong. It is only the cupboards which have their top at baseboard surface height; anything to be placed on the table needs to be lowered as necessary. My apologies again - but t's some time since I made them.

Ray

Not to worry Ray, they work and are of good quality, that's what matters.
As for memory, I have one but forgot where I left it :D

It's strange getting old, you can remember things that you did as a youngster but can't remember what you just went into the kitchen for!

Do I take it that your taking up Model Trainzing again Ray?

Do I take it that your taking up Model Trainzing again Ray?

I haven't really stopped, Graham, it's just that it's a long time since I shared any new models on the DLS - two years, to be precise. I think I felt overtaken by new versions of Trainz - T:ANE and now 2019, and didn't know whether my rather simple models would still be acceptable. From the beginning in TRS2004 I concentrated on buildings, mainly to use in the background, and everyday accessories for scene setting like garden trollies. On the other hand, I have been experimenting with simulating model railway layouts in other scales - G scale (1:22) for garden railways, 0 gauge (1:43) and N/2mm finescale (1:150) but there doesn't seem to be any interest in anything other than 4mm in the UK and 3.5 mm elsewhere. I've also got a folder of other models, more or less complete, which needs sorting, and I have completed my set of Belgian coastal diesel trams (1930s - 1950s) which I began several years ago - but they were for TS10 and not up to modern requirements, although they please me. And I have made quite a few model layouts in room settings - representing both England and France. So all in all, I've been enjoying myself!

Proof: https://raystrainz.wordpress.com/gallery/ and https://raystrainz.wordpress.com/project-1073/

Best wishes.

Ray

Last edited:
Model railroad help for Surveyor

Working on my first model layout. I placed dig hole for aisle, and can place a spline of fascia, but cannot seem to get it below baseboard height. I did successfully get a floor placed at -40m (following steps I saw in a video) and showing thru the dig hole. Model is HO scale so I would like the base board to be 36" above the floor. What value should I have set rather than -40m for the floor and how do I position the fascia? Is there a page of written instructions, or a video with audio instructions? A video without audio is almost impossible to follow. All help appreciated!

Working on my first model layout. I placed dig hole for aisle, and can place a spline of fascia, but cannot seem to get it below baseboard height. I did successfully get a floor placed at -40m (following steps I saw in a video) and showing thru the dig hole. Model is HO scale so I would like the base board to be 36" above the floor. What value should I have set rather than -40m for the floor and how do I position the fascia? Is there a page of written instructions, or a video with audio instructions? A video without audio is almost impossible to follow. All help appreciated!

You may want to watch this:

https://youtu.be/f_X5OvItoK0

It might have the information you need. I don't do much with model railroad stuff at the moment and it's been awhile since I saw this video to remember what's in it. I only remembered it was here.

Update..
EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline...Old Timber.

I've re-done the textures to give a finer line between the plank joints..

EMM-Fascia-Old-Wood-Updated-Texture.jpg

The are on the DLS and Content Manager now.

They are made for 2012 and TANE SP3.
Not tested for 2019 because I don't have it yet.
Please let me know on here if they are OK in 2019 :)

<kuid2:166065:105141:1> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1 grid thick, Old Timber, v2
<kuid2:166065:105143:1> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1.5 grid thick, Old Timber, v2

Old-Wood-Fascia-V2.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of more fascias for you..

Black Luxury and Old Pinewood.

On the DLS and in TANE CM.
----------------------------------------------------------
Black Luxury...

EMM-Fascia-Spline-Black-Luxury.jpg

Demo...

Demo-Black-Luxury-Fascia.jpg

Old Pinewood..

EMM-Fascia-Spline-Old-Pinewood.jpg

Demo..

Demo-Old-Pinewood.jpg

<kuid:166065:105768> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1 grid thick, Black Luxury
<kuid:166065:106576> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1.5 grid thick, Black Luxury

<kuid:166065:106020> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1 grid thick, Old Pinewood
<kuid:166065:106021> EMM Model Trainz Fascia Spline, 1.5 grid thick, Old Pinewood

....or search for usename euromodeller to see the full range.

layout not included, but will be released 'Soon' :D

Have fun !

Back