Help with correct asset updating procedure?

ricomon35

SceneWright
Hello Everyone: :wave:

Need to update a slew of my recent DLS uploads, and am unsure of the correct way to do so.
:eek:

It's just textures I'm updating, not sure of how to create an updated kuid so it will replace the old?

If one of the veteran creators could reply here?

I would appreciate that !
:wave:

Rico

Hi

OK, so you want to update assets..

Go here: http://www.theerectinghall.info

DO this: Fixing with Hack #1 — Fixing CNR’s CP SD40-2Fs to work in 09/10/12
Or any loco on page.

Once you do that you will have most of the tools to fix almost any asset
That is how I learned to fix assets.

Gerry

Rico

Open the asset to 'Edit in explorer' Not CCP!!!. This puts the open file in trs12\user-data\editing. Swap your texture files to the smaller? ones and do anything else that you need to amend the asset.

Open the config.txt and change the kuid like this Assume the original is <kuid:12345:6789> it chould be changed to <kuid2:12345:6789:1>. Trainz will see this as a later version. I it is already <kuid2:12345:6789:1> change the :1> to :2>

Save the file and drag and drop the asset folder from 'Editing' into the main window of CM. Don't try to commit the changed folder, just 'Revert' the original. You will now have two copies of the asset, and you should upload the latest one.

If you need to edit the changed asset before you upload it, there is no need to change the version number or drag and drop, just Open, Edit, Commit.

Peter

Last edited:
A bit of a shortcut with updating the KUID - try using R-click/Create New Version. This also has the effect of leaving the new version open for edit so that it can be worked on as mentioned above.

Shane

That's the point. Under normal circumstances, you should only be creating new versions of your own KUIDS anyway, unless you're involved in repairing assets for other creators as part of the DLS Cleanup Project or similar.

Shane

@shaneT and NarrowG -

NarrowG you hit it right on the proverbial head, shaneT - I found that right click menu a while back, and thank you both, very much for the mini-tuts ! :wave:

Rico

Back