Objects disappearing after loading a session in Surveyor

GTAce

I choo choo chooose youu!
Hey,

I have a huge issue with the Surveyor that makes it almost unusable.
Some objects or splines sometimes disappear after loading a route I'm currently building.
I saved my progress and wanted to continue after a short time, but now all of my signals are gone, before that I had this happen with trees, turfFX and even rails.
This makes Surveyor incredibly frustrating to use. Are there any fixes or tricks for that?

TRAINZ+, Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, Nvidia RTX2070, 32GB RAM.

Save, exit (surveyor, not the whole game), and reload the route.

That's what I do when things just go invisible. Happens a LOT when working terrain and using the new water effects layer in 2019.

Paint the ground, or manipulate it, and random bits of water just disappear.

Save, exit (surveyor, not the whole game), and reload the route.

That's what I do when things just go invisible. Happens a LOT when working terrain and using the new water effects layer in 2019.

Paint the ground, or manipulate it, and random bits of water just disappear.
LOL thanks for the tip.

We've been seeing this issue with splines and track. One of the things that helps is to ensure that your screen resolution and refresh is the same in game as is for your monitor. The other thing that helps is to precache your content. This usually occurs when downloading content and installing but if there's been a lot of content installed, this takes a bit longer. You've probably noticed the precaching message at the top of the loading screen as well which is exactly what's going on.

To ensure the content is precached, do the following:

At the Launcher, click on Trainz settings.
Click on Dev tab
Check the box for Advanced Developer tools.
Close the Trainz settings.

What this does is enable the Trainz util run box on the Launcher.

Back at the Launcher, click on Developer.
Click on TrainzUtil.

This will open up a small run box.

In the box, type in prebuild

Depending upon how much content you have, you may want to run this overnight if you have a lot because this process takes a while.

Are you building these items on a different layer?
Yes, but not everything gets deleted in those.
We've been seeing this issue with splines and track. One of the things that helps is to ensure that your screen resolution and refresh is the same in game as is for your monitor. The other thing that helps is to precache your content. This usually occurs when downloading content and installing but if there's been a lot of content installed, this takes a bit longer. You've probably noticed the precaching message at the top of the loading screen as well which is exactly what's going on.

To ensure the content is precached, do the following:

At the Launcher, click on Trainz settings.
Click on Dev tab
Check the box for Advanced Developer tools.
Close the Trainz settings.

What this does is enable the Trainz util run box on the Launcher.

Back at the Launcher, click on Developer.
Click on TrainzUtil.

This will open up a small run box.

In the box, type in prebuild

Depending upon how much content you have, you may want to run this overnight if you have a lot because this process takes a while.

Thanks, will try it out.

Back